Chapter 2~ Carmen

A/N And here comes the sweetheart. I'm really just jumping right into this right away, and even though this is on;y the second chapter, I figured it was about time that my two boys meet. 

 "Alright, little man. Call me when you're done and I'll come and pick you up," Keith said as he pulled into the back lot by the bandroom. Carmen peered out of the car window and smiled at his band teacher, who was sitting in the only other car in the parked lot. He hesitantly raised his hand to give a little wave and his teacher smiled in return.

"I will," he promised, unbuckling before the car was even in park, "and please don't call me little man ever again". His older brother laughed, shaking his head as Carmen opened the his door before reaching between the two seats to the back and pulling his violin up front with him.

"Whatever you say," Keith said, adding, "buddy," the mere second before Carmen slammed the car door shut, causing the younger of the two to groan. Even through the window he could hear his brothers laughter as the car sped out of the parking lot, the brakes squealing as he approached the stop sign at the end of the street. Carmen shook his head, smiling after the stupid man before walking over to where Benson was, climbing out of his car.

"Good morning, Mr. Huego. How was your night?" Benson asked, being friendly as usual and Carmen sighed.

The night before consisted of ice cream, movies, and then his mother yelling at him that he was wasting his time when he should be practicing as Keith begged the older woman to give him a break. Of course he didn't get one, but it was nice that his brother had tried. "It was okay, I guess. Nothing new".

Benson shut his car door and locked it, still smiling as if his words were delightful and not at all plain. "I'm sorry if I woke you up last night. Your accompanist was supposed to call me quite a bit earlier than he actually did. You'll understand when you meet him. He can be a bit difficult". Then, as if realizing what he was saying, Benson looked momentarily panicked and said quickly, "but he's a great kid".

Carmen laughed easily, following the man to the back door of the school as his right hand clutched nervously and the handle of his violin case. "Don't let my mother scare you, Mr. Benson, I'm really not as picky as she makes me sound. She just wants to intimidate people into being nice to me which I really don't prefer. As long as he knows how to play the piano I think we'll get along quite nicely". He smiled then, trying to look hopeful despite the uneasy nerves tingling in his stomach. The young teacher looked at him for a moment before shaking his head.

"You're a very nice boy, Carmen, very nice. I'm sorry if he does or says anything stupid". Carmen raised his eyebrows and followed his teacher into the dark building. "You see, Osmond is very easily annoyed and can sometimes come across as rude".

"Osmond?" he repeated slowly and the motion activated lights flickered on above them as Benson fumbled around with his keys as they stood outside of the band room. Carmen could hear the faint sound of beautiful classical music coming from somewhere and wondered if there was a janitor in the building with his radio on.

"That is the boy who may be accompanying you," the man explained and Carmen nodded his head in understanding. "Like I said, he's a bit difficult, but if all you're looking for I someone who can play the piano- ahh-" this noise was made as Benson located the key to his room and moved to unlock the door, "then he's your guy".

Carmen had expected the teacher to open the door once it was unlocked, but he instead froze, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Sir?" Carmen asked cautiously. Benson's face deadpanned then and he pushed open the door to his room.