Chapter 17- Osmond

Carmen looked completely at ease, leaning back against the grand piano backstage as he held his violin up against his chest. Unlike before their last performance, his breaths were even and the lines of his face soft, rather than sharp with worry.

Osmond was sitting at the piano bench, looking up at the boy as his fingers brushed over the ivory keys, but Carmen didn't seem to notice the attention as he smiled silently to himself, his index finger of his left hand tracing the scroll of his expensive instrument absently.

There was something there, Osmond had decided. Something beyond physical attraction that he couldn't quite explain.

Lately, when Carmen directed smiles at him, his heart beat faster for more reasons than that the boy was extraordinarily beautiful. He felt like only one thing could cause the dull ache in his chest even after the younger boy looked away.

Feelings.

Though it had been a while since he had caught feelings for someone, though the ones he got for Adrian had yet to go away, the feeling of falling in love was unmistakeable.

"Are you feeling ready?" Osmond asked him lightly and Carmen's brown eyes blinked before he directed his attention to him, smiling softly.

"I am," Carmen said, nodding his head a bit and a strand of blond hair that looked as if it wanted to curl but just couldn't, fell out of place. "Thank you".

Even though Carmen didn't add for fucking me good last night at the end of his statement, Osmond knew it was implied.

"It's really no problem," Osmond said and Carmen grinned at him.

There it was. Those tingling feelings that started in his chest and spread to all the way to his fingers. Carmen seemed unaware of this as he began fiddling with the tuning pegs on his violin. "I like Tennessee," Carmen said casually, plucking the A string a couple of times before peering up at Osmond, who raised his eyebrows.

"We haven't really seen much of it outside of the hotel room," Osmond pointed out and Carmen's cheeks tinted red.

"Well they have good chocolate chip bagels," Carmen said and Osmond chuckled at the other's cuteness, resulting in the widening of Carmen's eyes. "You know, I thought you were going to be difficult to get along with".

"What?" Osmond asked, shifting his eyes past Carmen to the current performers on stage.

"Benson made it sound like you were really difficult to be around. He said you were stubborn, easily annoyed, and had a short temper". All of these things were true, so Osmond nodded.

"I do".

"But you don't," Carmen said, looking at him with curious eyes and Osmond said the first thing that came to mind before he thought about the implications behind the words.

"Well not around you".

Carmen blushed more but looked pleased.

"You're so cute," Osmond said quietly and Carmen flushed more but smiled pleasantly, his mouth opening to say something in response.

He was interrupted by their names being announced and Osmond stood from the piano bench. "Are you ready?"

Carmen seemed to be thinking about this, his fist tightening on the neck of his violin to the point that they turned a sickly white, but then he nodded and smiled, seeming completely at ease.

"I've never been better".

Then went out on stage, Osmond immediately taking his seat at the piano bench and then watching as Carmen smiled dazzlingly at the crowd and adjusted his music stand. He was looking particularly gorgeous that night, wearing a light grey dress shirt with the collar turned down, exposing some of the red marks that Osmond had left with his mouth.