Chapter 10~ Carmen

"Are you sure you've packed everything?" Keith asked and Carmen glanced in the back of the car and then looked at his brother and shrugged.

"I would have thought you'd ask me this before we left the house," he said and Keith just continued to worry on his lip as he leaned out of the window and paid to park in the airport parking lot.

It was the day that him and Osmond were to fly to Georgia and Carmen swore that he was less nervous than Keith was. The night before, the older had sat on his bed until midnight, wasting both of their time by asking questions he had asked already previously or already knew the answer to.

How are you feeling?

Fine. For some reason, he was actually a bit excited.

Well, maybe to be spending all of his time for the next couple of weeks with the mysteriously sexy boy who seemed both cold and caring at the same time. But he would never tell his brother that.

Do you want me to go through security with you?

Carmen had explained that Keith wasn't able to do that, though the older should have known this because he had flown even more than Carmen had at this point.

Are you sure this Osmond boy will take good care of you?

If Carmen hadn't been sure a week ago (which he had been- He had trusted Osmond since the beginning) he was sure as hell confident about it now. Since the day Keith had come into his room and told Osmond that he didn't like to eat the black haired boy had sat by him at lunch every single day and watched him eat. For two weeks he had been watching him eat.

They didn't talk much during these lunch periods. It was mostly just Osmond listening to his music through his earbuds and eating his salad as Carmen did his homework and ate whatever Osmond had brought him for lunch, which was usually something bigger, such as a burger or hot dog, something much more than the salad that Osmond got to eat. I'm not the one who weighs twenty pounds, Osmond said whenever he asked and then pushed his tray closer to him.

Once Osmond had realized that if he let Carmen get his own food he would come back with a plate full of French fries and chocolate chip cookies and call that lunch, he had taken to going up and choosing Carmen's food for him.

It was was frustrating and annoying and... sweet.

"What are you doing?" Carmen asked as Keith climbed out of the car after parking. "I can get it from here, Keith".

"Fuck no," his brother said simply and Carmen bit his lip, wondering if this was a battle he wanted to fight.

It wasn't, so he climbed out of the passenger seat without another word and pulled his violin from the back seat. "I can take that".

Keith had moved around the side of the car with Carmen's suitcase and was holding out his hand to take the violin case from him. "Why do you feel the need to do everything for me?"

Carmen turned and began to walk away, his hand still wrapped around the handle of his case and he heard Keith swear from behind him and then sigh. "Because your my little brother and I love you". That was actually a bit touc- "and," Keith added, "if you're going to go down on the plane I want to always remember that I was very sweet and considerate to you". Carmen rolled his eyes.

"You know as well as I do that if that bitch goes down you're going to go into a deep depression and then live with mom and dad forever," Carmen said, glancing over his shoulder to catch Keith's grimace. He laughed, turning as the automatic doors opened for him and he walked into the airport.