Chapter 31- Osmond

A/N So at the end of the last chapter, I've broken up my wonder couple (yes, they are my wonder couple. I absolutely love them).

"What was that about?" Adrian asked, looking at the spot that Carmen had just recently been occupying. "Have I upset him somehow?"

More than you know, Osmond wanted to say, but he didn't. Then he thought, should I go after him?

But no. Osmond was a bit disappointed in Carmen. He had to know by now that Osmond only wanted him, and his feelings for Adrian were completely gone. If Carmen didn't have confidence in their relationship, there was nothing Osmond could do about it right now.

"Is he okay?" Adrian asked once more but Osmond just shook his head.

"You and Ezra aren't together anymore?" He asked. It was hard to imagine. Even though he had never wanted to believe it, it was clear that Adrian and Ezra belonged together. They just made sense. "How did this happen?"

"We're still together, Osmond," Adrian said slowly. "We broke up".

"I-" Osmond head hurt with this level of confusion. "What?"

"Look, Ezra broke up with me-"

"He broke up with you?" Osmond asked, surprised by this because Ezra was completely whipped.

"Again. Yeah. I can't believe it either". Ezra and Adrian has broken up previously once before, about a month into their relationship, but that had been years ago and Osmond figured they were both past that. "But he dumped me about four days after you left. I went back two days after I saw you, and then two days later he dumped me".

"Why?" Osmond asked, a bit concerned with Adrian, who was speaking of this as casually as one would speak in a history class.

"Because it was hard being away from each other". Adrian sighed and walked over to one of the plastic back chairs before dropping into it. Osmond was a bit uncomfortable with this. He had seen Adrian in one of those chairs so many other times years previous that seeing it now made him feel very young. "When I was nervous about leaving my mom told me that it wasn't meant to be if we couldn't survive long distance, so when he broke up with me I thought it was a sign that Ezra and I weren't supposed to be together. But without him I was miserable. I cried myself to sleep every night- my roommate was getting annoyed with me, I think.

"My grades began to drop and I realized that if couldn't survive long distance, it didn't really fucking matter because I decided that we'd never be that far apart from one another ever again".

Osmond was still confused with this explanation. "So?"

"So I dropped out of Harvard".

"You did what?!" Osmond exclaimed, taking a step towards Adrian who tilted his head back to look up at him.

"I'll be finishing my education here. With Ezra".

"Adri, what about law school?" Osmond asked, taking a seat in the chair next to the smaller boy.

"That doesn't matter to me,Osmond. Nothing matters if I don't have him," Adrian explained, his voice filled with passion and his eyes sparkled. "So yeah, I moved back home and surprised him at the apartment one day. Even though he dumped me he was very happy to see me, and now we're getting hitched". It took a minute to process Adrian's words.

"Getting hitched as in-"

"Married," Adrian said with a small smile. Osmond was very surprised he was being so calm about this. He always thought that when Adrian and Ezra would get married the smaller would be a fumbling mess of excitement.