Chapter 18~ Carmen

A/N And things are about to get complicated

You don't want to understand me.

Carmen kept replaying Osmond's line from dinner the night before over and over in his head as he laid across his new bed.

They had flown into Ohio that morning from Tennessee, and even as he held Osmond's hand on the plane it was hard not for him to pry more as he had the night before.

You don't want to understand me.

"But I do," Carmen mumbled to himself, wishing he had said it to the black haired boy. "I do".

His ringing phone interrupted him then and he felt rather foolish for talking to himself, especially when he could just walk to Osmond's room one door down and speak with him.

He would have to go there eventually. After all, the did have a performance tomorrow. And that meant they had to relieve stress at some point this night.

"Hello Keith," Carmen sighed into the phone, not even checking the caller identification before answering. He was trying to make his voice sound as normal as possible since he had just been wondering when he would cross the hall and ask the boy there to fuck him senseless.

"Hey little man. How are you liking Ohio?" His brother asked, sounding a bit distracted as he spoke.

"I like it a lot. I think I might go here for college," Carmen teased and Keith snorted.

"Please don't ever say that to mom. I fear she may actually die," Keith claimed and Carmen hummed in agreement. "But how are you really liking it?"

"I don't know yet. We got in a couple of hours ago and came right to the hotel so Osmond could practice piano. I've barely seen the place," Carmen explained.

"Well you should be getting out at seeing these places, Carm! When else will you have an opportunity like this?"

"The next time mom decides to send me cross country by myself," Carmen said simply and Keith was quiet for a moment.

"By yourself?" Carmen furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Isn't Osmond there with you?"

"Well of course he is," Carmen said quickly.

"And how's he treating you? Do you feel alone?" Keith asked, sounding almost angry. Carmen regretted his previous words and sighed, wondering if Keith would now begin to text Osmond once more instructions on how to take care of him.

"I don't feel alone. Quite the contrary. We're together all the time". Even some nights, he wanted to add, but didn't for obvious reasons. "When I meant by myself, I didn't mean by myself. I just meant..." he didn't know what he meant. "I'm not by myself. Oz takes me out to dinner and makes sure I eat, and he makes sure I get my fill of chocolate. I've never met anyone who is able to calm me down like he does". I've also never allowed anyone to fuck me before either, so-

"Oz?" Keith asked, and then scoffed. "I'm a bit jealous. You're not allowed to get closer with him than you are with me, okay?"

Carmen couldn't help but laugh at this. The idea of him getting closer to anyone than he was with his brother was hard to imagine, especially since the someone they were talking about now still wasn't opening up to Carmen.

"You don't need to worry about that Keith," he said, just as his phone beeped in his ear. Alarmed, he pulled it away from his face and checked the screen. "Hey, I'm getting another call. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"