Chapter 30- Osmond

As Osmond has predicted to Adrian, they had spent the night in a hotel. It made him kind of sad to know that it was the last time in who knows how long that him and Carmen would be sharing a bed, but he tried not to think about it.

In the morning, they made the rest of their car ride. It was only two and a half hours, and Osmond thought of how it was a waste of money to buy plane tickets for a forty five minute flight.

Carmen slept most of the way, his face turned towards Osmond, his hand resting against the pale boy's forearm. Sometimes it was distracting for Osmond. It was so easy to turn his head to the side and watch him sleep, marveling in his natural beauty. At every red light Osmond pulled up to, he allowed himself to do this, sometimes even raising a finger to trace all the beautiful lines that made up Carmen's features.

Osmond wasn't exactly sure when Carmen woke up. All he knew was that when he stopped at the light about ten minutes out of town, and turned to look at Carmen, his eyes were open.

"Good morning". Carmen smiled at this but didn't say anything right away, pulling his hand away from Osmond's forearm and instead grabbing his hand.

"You shouldn't have let me sleep," Carmen demanded and Osmond raised his eyebrows, directing his attention back to the road as the light turned green and he continued on towards town. "That must have been boring for you".

"Not really," Osmond admitted. "You're very nice to look at, even when you're sleeping". Sparing him one glance, Osmond grinned when Carmen's cheeks flushed pink.

"Whatever," he grumbled and Osmond smiled to himself. "Hey, we're almost in town, right?" Osmond nodded, but Carmen didn't even look at him, already knowing the answer for himself. "Can we go to school?"

"School?" Osmond echoed. "Why would anyone ever want to-"

"Because," Carmen interrupted and Osmond thought about how if it been anyone else he would have snapped at them then, "we could either go to school- there's still three hours left before classes let out, or we could go home". A pause. "To separate homes".

Osmond thought about this. While he did miss his aunt, more than he ever expected to, actually, he still wasn't ready to go home to her and listen to her lecture him about all the better thing she could be doing with his life rather than playing the piano.

Also, if they went to school, Osmond was pretty sure he could convince Carmen to skip with him and spend the rest of the day in the bandroom.

"Alright," Osmond said with a sigh. "I can't believe I'm voluntarily going to school". Carmen chuckled at this, but it seemed to be half hearted.

Before Osmond could even open his mouth to ask what was wrong, Carmen was telling him. "I need to tell you something, and I don't want you to be mad at me, but I understand if you are. I honestly just forgot to tel-"

"Carmen," Osmond cut into his rambling and the blonde immediately sighed.

"I had plans to go on a date with Jordan once we got back from our trip and I was still sleeping with you". Carmen had moved to rest his head in his hands, and Osmond could just tell by his voice how upsetting this was to him. "I know I'm a terrible person, and I completely understand if you hate me-"

"Carmen". With a groan, the younger fell quiet. Osmond took a minute to process this information before nodding simply.

"What does that mean?" Carmen asked about the movement.

"It's not a big deal". Osmond glanced at Carmen's guilty expression and sighed. "You're not still planning on going on this date with him, are you?"