Chapter 25- Osmond

"Osmond?" Carmen asked, leaning in the doorway of the bedroom that Osmond declared was his. "I- where are you going?"

Osmond had stood from the bed when Carmen entered, and was now gathering his sheet music and pencil from where he had left the on top of the dresser. "I need to practice".

Ever since the plane had landed, Osmond had been once again putting distance between himself and Carmen. He had woken up with his head on the other's shoulder, and couldn't help but to look up at Carmen's face with sad eyes, completely forgetting about everything the boy had done to him. But then Carmen had notice him looking and smiled down at him, and all Osmond could think about was the boy writhing beneath him and screaming out Jordan.

And he decided that maybe associating with Carmen wouldn't help him get over his heartbreak any.

"But we have a performance tomorrow," Carmen said and Osmond froze.

Does he think I'm going to fuck him?

"No," Osmond said, and Carmen looked confused.

"What?" He asked softly and Osmond shook his head.

"I'm not going to have sex with you, Carmen". The boy's mouth fell open and his cheeks flushed pink.

"Tha-" his voice cracked so he cleared his throat and started over. "That's not what I meant. I just meant that you'll be able to play t-"

"I still need to, tonight," Osmond said, looking down at the sheet music in his hands and then up at Carmen, who was still blocking the door. He could easily push Carmen out of the way, as he would with anyone else, but that would involve physical contact and he wasn't too keen on that at the moment. "Excuse me". The look on Carmen's face had Osmond suspecting that the boy had been hoping he would touch him, but Osmond didn't say anything about it as Carmen moved back and Osmond walked past him.

"When will you be coming back up?" Carmen asked, and Osmond just shrugged, not saying another word to him as he left the room.

He was treating Carmen terribly, but at this point he didn't know what else to do. He couldn't just pretend that nothing had ever happened. The jealously would drive him mad. So being hostile and treating Carmen like he was just everybody else would have to do for a while before he decided a long term solution.

The dining room was empty when he got to it, and he was thankful. It was always easier to pour his heart out if no one was paying attention.

The piano must not have been played in a long while, for the keys were dusty and when Osmond pressed a key, it came out a bit flat. Though this was bothersome, the instrument was still playable, and Osmond took his seat on the bench, arranging his sheet music out in front of him.

His method for composing was simple. He'd close his eyes and draw from his emotions, letting his fingers press into the keys over and over until they played a rhythm that fit, and he'd write it down.

It was the song he had begun writing when he had first met Carmen, but it had taken a shift from its originally happy tune to one of sadness. This didn't really bother Osmond, the song wasn't finished yet, but he didn't want to end it on a sad note.

Still, he would if he had to. Osmond wasn't going to lie to his emotions this time. That hadn't done him any good in the past.

As he finished writing a rather complex measure, he let his pencil slip from his fingers onto his lap, and then arranged the five pages of work he had already completed out on the piano's music stand and tried to play it from the beginning.

He could remember meeting Carmen in the band room that day. Right away the boy had caught his eye, being a more beautiful human than Osmond was used to seeing. And his personality had surprised him too, timid at first, but sweet and quirky when you got to know him.