Special (AOT) (Final)

Previously, when Eren is quote-on-quote screwed.

Levi's eyes flashed and he twirled the knife in his hand.

"Ready to die, brat?"

WARNING: There will be some triggers!

* * * *

Eren quietly whimpers and turns pale.

"Honestly, Levi. You're being over dramatic," You say as you stand from your table. You smile at him and gently take the weapon from his hand. "Because that wouldn't be knife would it?"

You quietly giggled at your own joke but it doesn't fill you with the usual comfort. You placed the knife on the table. The smile from your face fades.

"I lived in the Underground. I was part of a group of orphan children," You started. "Everyday, I made a joke. Just to make the other kids forget about their troubles. It would also help me with my own troubles."

You take a deep breath.

You've nothing to lose.

"I used to be nobility before all that. Then, one day, a rival of my father hired thugs after us. We lost of fortune and had to go into hiding. We ended up in the Underground," You picked up the knife and swiftly twisted it with your hand. "We lasted there for about a year before we were discovered."

You slammed the weapon onto the table, making everyone jump.

"My family was massacred when I was 8. My brother had helped me escape through the top window. He protected me while I crawled out and when I turned around, expecting him to follow. He had yelled at me to run and I saw his head get cut clean off his neck."

Sasha who had been eating a potato, choked and coughed. You turn and walk toward the door. You stop at the doorway and glance at Eren over your shoulder.

"I grieved long ago. I cried until I had no tears left," You place a hand over the spot where your heart was. "The pain is still there. But me, making you guys smile and laugh, it...helps it hurt less."

You step out of the room, leaving the listening crowd silent with shock. Levi dents one last deadly glare at Eren before following you out the door.

* * * *

Eren was wide-eyed and flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"They've been stuck together like glue ever since they got here. I knew about Levi's history but (Y/n)'s..." The crazy scientist looked sad for the first time. "...I had no idea."

Others in the hall started to quietly talk.

"That's so terrible," Christa whispered.

"No on should have to go through that," Ymir agreed.

"She's so strong," Bertholdt murmured.

"One hell of a girl," Reiner commented, not intending for it to sound flirtatious for once.

"She does so much just to make us smile. Have you noticed that?" Mikasa asked. She looked at the others. "Have you ever seen her not make a fool of herself for our sake?"

They nodded. Hanji suddenly gasped and her eyes sparkled.

"Then we should repay the favor!"

The soldiers all leaned in as they listened to her idea.

* * * *

The next morning, you woke up and slightly changed your normal routine. You ate breakfast, did paperwork, ate lunch, did paperwork, and now it was time for dinner.