Demons (Ymir)

~When the days are cold~

"Christa!"

The tiny blonde spun around a second too late. A terrified shrill shriek ripped through the air. She twisted and kicked but she was weak. She couldn't break free.

As if sensing her lack of strength, the Titan gave her a teasing smile. Her blood went cold and her eyes widened with terror.

"N-no! Please!"

God, she could smell the titan's breath now.

She closed her eyes, shaking in fear.

"I don't w-want to di-"

"Let go of her you bastard!"

She gasped, too shocked to scream, as the titan loosened its grip on her. The trees got taller as she fell. But in a blink of an eye, she was in the strong arms of Ymir. Her crystal blue eyes looked at the brunette. Ymir looked worried even though Christa was safe in her arms.

Wait, the titan wasn't chasing them?

She looked over Ymir's shoulder and saw the titan running away. Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

Then-"Ymir, where's (Y/n)?"

The woman didn't answer. Christa gasped and shook her head. She looked over her shoulder again as the she slowly loses sight of the titan. She barely catches the color of (h/c) zooming away. Terrible realization settles in her stomach. She grasps Ymir's jackets.

"Y-Ymir, we have to go back for her!"

"Tsk, I know."

The green of the trees suddenly faded as they arrived at the exit of the forest. Christa let out an oof as Ymir set her down next to the medical crew. Her friend turned and shot out from the ground with her 3DMG before anyone could stop her.

Christa watched, knowing that she would be able to help.

Ymir wished that her damn gear would go faster. She dreaded what would happen if she got there too late. Bloody images of past dead men and women flashed through her mind. She bit her lip.

~And the cards all fold~

"Oi, Ymir. What are you doing out here? It's freezing!"

~And the saints we see~

Ymir always found her to be innocent. Like Christa, (Y/n) was kind and friendly. Almost like an angel. They were both like a rare breed.

~Are all made of gold~

"Just wanted to think."

She heard her footsteps crunch against the snow as she walked over to her to take a seat. The (e/c) girl grunted as she lowered herself to sit down.

"Really? Whatcha thinkin' about?"

~When your dreams all fail~

"I don't understand why I even joined."

She laughed. "Well, I'm sure there's a good reason."