Friends (Mikasa)

She always pushed herself. To be stronger. To be better. Just so that she can be there for Eren.

Oh yes, you've noticed that look in her eyes. Whenever she's around, a tiny ounce of life and emotion is added to those dark orbs. But whenever he isn't near, her eyes are dull. They don't shine like they used to.

But, you're an exception.

From the moment you were introduced, you never once stopped bothering her. You always engaged in an conversation with her, no matter how ridiculous or random the topic might be. At first she found it annoying and wanted nothing more than to punch you in the mouth. But now she actually enjoyed talking with you.

You started to grow on her over the last few years. She had come to get used to all your weirdness. And you had become used to her usual dullness. What a pair you were.

Especially when you were in the field. You both refused to leave each other's sides and she had even given being on the same squad as Eren a few times. The truth was that she truly enjoyed having a friend like you. You made her laugh and smile, something she felt like she hadn't done in years. She liked to think of you like a sister. And you thought the same of her.

Siblings love each other. No matter how much they say they don't, it's not true. Siblings fight. They shout. But they can't hate each other. It's tough love. One moment they're okay, the next you want to toss them out a window.

Sometimes you wanted to slap her. You and almost everyone else saw it. Eren didn't care about her. But her obsession was blinding her from that fact. It irritated you to no end.

* * * *

Some of the girls, including Mikasa, and you were taking a stroll and talking when you came across Eren and some of the guys.

Your eyes narrowed when you noticed Eren's scowl. You had a weird thing about reading people's emotions and something told you that the guy wasn't in the happiest mood. Mikasa's face went slightly red.

"Hello, Eren. What are all of you doing?"

Jean, who was standing behind Eren, chuckled.

"Oh, we were just putting bets on who would win in a fight."

"And who are the contenders?" Christa asked.

The horse-faced guy pointed to himself.

"Me and Eren."

The turquoise-eyed teen scoffed.

"I could beat you with my eyes closed!"

"Oh yeah? Wanna test that now?"

You internally groaned when you saw the determination in his eyes. You already knew what coming next...

* * * *

You were wondering what you were even doing here. You stood with the others, watching the fight unfold. You stared at the battle between the 2 idiots with an irritated expression. You chuckled to yourself and turned to Mikasa.

"Honestly, this is so stupid. Right, Mikas-"

You stopped when you saw how focused her attention was on the fight. Or, more specifically, Eren. There it was again. That look. That look of admiration that you had seen one too many times.