Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

Feeling salty tears fall down my face, I look up and take in the breathtaking Italian scenery around me.

The massive mahogany canopy bed intertwined with my personal scent of honeysuckle, cocoa, and honey relaxes me a bit. Time to make this house a home!

Wiping the tears, I busy myself unpacking and making my cottage feel like home, making it a place where the old pain isn't welcome. I'm going to make new and joyous memories.

The Tuscany cottage is quite beautiful. I was surprised it was reasonably priced. Two spacious bedrooms, two newly renovated bathrooms that are both a soft cream color that made the mahogany furniture stand out.

The large windows have a spectacular view! I can see the crystal blue waters and bustling of people further out in town. When a nice breeze occurs, I can smell the water.

It's like a personal zen area.

The whole place has a soft and sensual feel to it, just the way I imagined it.

'Antonio would've loved this', I think.

Wait! No! That asshole cheated on me! He doesn't deserve me! You know what? I need some air. It'll give me a chance to really see what Tuscany is like.

I have no intention of leaving, so I need to feel comfortable.

After soaking in a honey and oil bath, I slipinto a golden sundress that hugs my rather curvy frame. My soft skin is glowing and I decided to skip the cosmetics.

Looking in the full length mirror, my content demeanor turned into a sour insecurity that has me hesitant to leave. I'm 5'3, 170 pounds and stretch marks. Though I have a decent shape, I'm just some black girl.

The most sad part is I wasn't insecure until the whole Antonio thing. Now I don't think I'm all that beautiful. No! Antonio will not dictate my self esteem!

Trying to shake off my nervousness, I pic my Afro out and put a sparkly black ribbon in it. Slipping on black sandals and grabbing my purse, I take a deep breath and leave.

Walking down the winding path and into the market area, I take in the beautiful surroundings. The beige brick buildings, the olives growing in many backyards is a lovely sight. The aroma of sparkling blue sea, and Italian food and expensive cologne tickles my nostrils. I'm enjoying myself! Even the sun seems to shine brighter here!

As I keep walking I can't help but notice that men and women stare at me as I move past. Some men even whistle or wink at me, even with their girlfriends right beside them! I guess what they say is true, Italian men are quite the flirtatious species.

Walking rather aimlessly through the streets, I come across a small restaurant with the scent of freshly baked bread and garlic calling me inside.

Without any hesitation and ignoring the hungry looks of men, I go inside and take a seat at a table that has a view to the ocean. It looks as if millions of priceless crystals are floating on the surface. While I let my mind wander, a beautiful waitress comes up to me. Her long brunette hair and bright green eyes sparkle with energy, and I can't help but take a liking to her.

"Welcome to Carmine's! I'm Daniella, what can I get you?" Because I have no menu and I'm surprised she even spoke fluent English, I asked her "What do you recommend?" Quickly she replied, "The shrimp scampi. It's delicious!" Smiling, I took her suggestion and ordered a glass of red wine also. Smiling, she runs off to place my order in to the chef.

After I received a rather large glass of red wine and then the whole bottle , I sat sipping and deep in thought.

Who was I thinking about? Antonio of course. But this time it was different. I didn't cry. I let myself feel the hurt but I didn't leave me feeling broken or empty.

His words and empty promises run through my mind. Maybe this is exactly what I needed, this relocation thing.

Still deep in thought, I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn around to see one of the most beautiful men I have ever encountered. Who is that?!

~Hello lovelies! I want to know what you guys think! Good, bad, or indifferent. I'm open to suggestions too! Thank you for reading also(: Vote/Fan/Comment/Follow