Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Danté's POV

"Papa!" My five year old daughter Maya yells. Her icy blue eyes mirror mine as she fixes her chocolate-colored curly hair. It's her first day of school and I can tell she's frustrated by the rainy weather of Washington State...even though she's lived here all her life.

Audra and I have been married for almost ten years and even now, and I seem to fall more in love with her as each day passes.

I try to smooth down Maya's curly and unruly locks only for my seven year old daughter Zylah to push my hands out the way.

Such a bossy girl! Her personality reminds me of Dani and her daughter Monie. Yes, she and Tyrell tied the knot. She has a five year old Keisha who plays with Maya all the time.

"Dad, let me fix it!!" With speed and finesse, she tames her sister's hair in record time. Zylah prefers her hair to be in a braided updo but loves to style other people's hair. She's the vain one out of the bunch.

I bend down and adjust Maya's light wash jean capris and her sunny yellow t-shirt covered in ducks. She sits by my leg and puts on her Converse sneakers.

"Come," I say to her sister who always seems to want to be the fashionista of the house. She opts for dark skinny jeans, a leopard shirt and black flats. I tuck her shirt tag in and she gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you daddy! I'm gonna get Thing 1 and 2 and mommy so we can go!" She says with an attitude that sounds so much like her mother. Thing 1 and Thing 2 would be her older brothers Lenzo and Damien, she annoys the hell outta them.

"You better be nice to your brothers. You'll need them one day."

The girls look at me like I'm crazy but I motion for them to hurry up, we cannot have them late for school.

And with that, both go running up the stairs.

Shortly after, my wife and children come down the stairs. Whatever she said to them seemed to eliminate the chaos in the air.

My sons run to me with smiles on their faces.

Lenzo has a more classic style to him. He wears his hair slicked back with a white polo, navy shorts, and matching navy loafers.

He's like a 50 year old man sometimes.

Damien, on the other hand, is much more sporty. He has on a neon yellow Nike t-shirt, with black basketball shorts and matching Nike running shoes. Most prominent is the scowl on his face.

It's probably because Audra combed and brushed out his hair. The kid would run around dirty if you'd let him.

"It's more manly" he tries to tell us. Trust me, we've been working on that. We don't want stinky kids just like you don't.

"Ready for the first day of school?" Audra asks the kids. Of course their excited and I notice Audra wince.

"What's wrong amore mio (my love)?"

"The baby must be excited as well..." She tells me. She's seven months pregnant with another boy and I love the fact that we have a big family.

In fact I want at least ten kids.

"You said that out loud Té. I'm done after this little one!" That's what she thinks.

Audra rolls her eyes at me and I just laugh.

I make sure the kids have their lunches and supplies before we head out the door.

We all get into one of our SUVs and head towards Willow Elementary School.