Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Danté POV

For the last two weeks, Bella and I have spent so much time together and I love it. She told me how that Russian bastard beat her. After getting an especially bad beating right after she found out she was pregnant, she tried to leave. But he wouldn't let her. So she shot and killed him and the police helped her get away from his family who were threatening her.

I want to be the one who heals her wounds. We constantly make love and we explore Rome. She wants us to get married and have children. She wants the life I've always wanted with her. Finally!

But there's one strange thing. She gets up at night and wanders around aimlessly. I have no clue what she's doing or where she goes, but I know she leaves for hours at a time. Dani and Alex were pissed that I didn't tell them that I was leaving. But it wasn't like I had a choice. It was either now or never for Bella so I chose now.

When I'm alone after Bella leaves, my mind runs wild. That's when I start thinking of Audra. I wonder how she's doing. I didn't mean to just run out on her and I'm sure she's upset about it, but it's hard to just completely give up on someone you love. Ya know? And I loved Bella way before Audra so it was basically a no brainer.

Tonight, as usual, I'm left alone in bed. Downstairs I can here Bella talking on the phone. Something about a 'plan' and 'hospital'. It doesn't make any sense, but Bella does work as a company stock analyst. It probably has something to do with business. There's that feeling of uneasiness again. Like always, I push it to the back of my mind. I can't help but feel that it'll be different this time.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Audra's POV

I love my job! Everyday Leo and I work and then spend lunch and sometimes dinner together. He's met Dani and Alex too. No one has heard from Danté he's old news anyway. Life goes on. Deep in thought I feel that warmth behind me. Leo.

"How are you doing beautiful?" He makes my insides clench and I love it!

"Leo, I'm good. Even better now that you're here." Winking at him, I try to get past him, but he pulls me back with my bum to his manhood.

"Wanna have dinner with me? We need to talk and I enjoying having you around mami." His Spanish accent is coming out and the room feels 20 degrees hotter. We're both burning up.

Hell with it! "I'd love to. Your place or mine?" I'd rather not go out tonight.

"Mine. I'll cook for you and since it might get late, bring some night wear. Better yet, I'll pick you up at 8 alright?" I'm sure it'll get late Leo. I can see that lust in your eyes.

Instead of voicing my thoughts, I just agree and clock out of work. Before I drive off, I text Dani and tell her to come over and help me get ready. Recently I've felt the shift in chemistry between Leo and me. I think it's about time we allowed this fire to burn.

"Hey Aud I'm so excited! I have clothes for you since you're going with Dr. Panty Dropper! Get in the shower and let me do the rest!"

I barely have enough time to nod my head when I'm pushed towards to bathroom and the door shuts behind me. Damn Dani! I shower, shave, and wash out my curls. I also brush my teeth in the shower. Weird habit, but it saves time. For the next two hours, I am prodded, poked, and beautified by Dani. When she's done and I lol at myself in the full length mirror, I feel gorgeous.

Wearing a white sweetheart dress with gold heels that accentuates my curves. With a gold necklace and earrings, Dani brushes my hair so that it lays wild and curly around my face. Yes, my hair may be a kinky-curly mess, but it's part of my essence and a black woman. I love it that way.

Spraying a honey scented perfume over me, Dani hugs and smiles widely at me. Hearing a knock at the door, we walk over and are greeted by Leo. His massive frame towers over us both and his piercing gaze burns holes in my eyes.

"Hola mami, hey Dani! How are you two?" I let out a giggle and I feel heat radiating between us.

"Wonderf-Great" Dani and I answer at the same time. We look at each other knowingly and laugh.

"Ready to go?" I ask Leo. He slowly nods and we say goodbye to Dani as she hands Leo my overnight bag. I don't even know what she packed!

"You look beautiful" Leo whispers in my ear as we get into the car and drive towards his fancy house near the ocean.

Walking in together, I am amazed my how fancy his house is. The ground floor is spacious and decorated with off-white accents and light green walls. Coming around the corner past the living room with a large flat screen tv and oak coffee table, he has dinner prepared. Alfredo with dried tomatoes, olives, basil, and garlic with fresh bread and wine. Yum! Leo takes my light coat and pulls out my chair for me.

"Thank you Leo this is absolutely beautiful." He's always a smiley person, but he's smiling extra wide tonight. His normally piercing dark eyes are now pools of emotion. While we eat in a comfortable silence, I sense he has something on his mind.

"What's on your mind Leo? You look like you need to tell me something." He looks intently at me and exhaled deeply. Like he's trying restrain himself.

"We will talk after dinner bella." I leave the conversation at that. After we eat, we settle on the sofa and listen to soft acoustic music. The lights are dim and there's candles lit. It feels romantic and sensual. Yet a the same time we have some distance between us.

"Audra?" His voice is quiet, nervous sounding.

"Yes?"

"I need to tell you something." I nod my head signaling for him to continue. He turns towards me fully and allows his feelings to be known.

"Audra, I like you. A lot. So much that it hurts. Whenever you smile, my world lights up and I never want it to end. You're sassy and direct and so soft and beautiful. So damn beautiful! I want to be with you. I want us to wake up every morning together and build a strong relationship. I wan-" I cut him off with words of my own.

"Leo I feel the same way. But what if I'm not what you hoped for or what you need? I value you so much and I don't want you to out me on a pedestal only for you to be disappointed." He comes close and there is no distance between us.

"I could never be disappointed with you mami. We all have flaws but they make us human. You're perfect in my eyes. May I kiss you?"

I whisper against his face, "Yes, kiss me." As soon as the worlds were spoken, he captured my lips in a gentle and passionate kiss. My eyes flutter and I let out a soft moan as he kisses my cheeks down to my neck. It feels euphoric. He removes his shirt and takes off my heels. I push him back on the sofa and I straddle him never breaking the kiss.

His tongue runs over my lips and I can taste the wine and his masculine sent floods my senses. As we stop to breathe I see a look of love in his eyes and I'm sure he can see the same I'm mine. I want him so badly.

"Leo, baby, make love to me. Make me yours..." I whisper.

His breathing gets deeper and voice is husky. "Give me your mind, body, and corazon my love." He makes me feel so warm and beautiful.

"You already have it." Having a brief thought about Danté it quickly dissipates. Since he didn't want me, I'm here with a loving man that I never want to leave.

Leo lets a deep hum type sound. "I'm going to love you all night baby. Aren't you glad you brought your overnight bag?" I nod and smile as he captures my lips. Leo is perfect.

*Oooh seems like Audra's moving on! Do you think Audra and Leo are the real deal? Or is Danté right for her? Thanks for the support guys! It gives me motivation to write. I literally have one week to prepare for my state nursing assistant test! I'm kinda nervous but I'm good at test taking! Wish me luck! I'll try to have one more chapter cranked out by the end of this week.

Vote/Fan/Comment/Follow/Message/Share

Thank you for the kind words and support. The encouragement means the world to me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.❤️😘