Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Danté's POV

It's been almost two months since I've seen Audra. From what Dani and Alex tell me, she's living in Leo's house and she's gone back to work at the hospital. I know she's not thinking about me.

As for me, I've went back to preparing speeches for aristocracy. But I can't deny that I've been extremely lonely. I know that Alex is still highly pissed off at me. He doesn't say anything, but I can tell he's still angry by the way he looks at me.

Laying in bed at my house on a secluded lane, I hear the pattering of rain. My mind wanders to how Audra. I wonder how she doing. Is her belly getting big? Is her voice still as sweet as I remember? My mind races and it's overwhelming to know I pushed her away.

I hear what sounds like a car outside the house. I can't see so I lay there and listen for voices. I hear none, but I'm sure it's a car. I can hear it speeding down the road. Probably someone turning around.

Once again, I'm left to wallow in my sadness. But this time, it's because of my wrongdoing...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Audra's POV

The last couple moths have flown by! I completely moved into Leo's house and we donated his clothing to charity. Instead of crying, I customized the house to fit my style. I filled the house with mahogany wood with burnt orange accents. Since the house has seven rooms, each has different themes. I have one room that isn't decorated because I want to wait so I can deviate it for the baby. It's right across the hall from mine.

Mom and Dad have been so supportive and I've gone back to the hospital. Dani and Alex are always here. Typical them.

I haven't heard or seen Danté. So I just move on without him. He made his point loud and clear. I'm starting to gain weight and it makes my already soft body even more rounded. But I'm not showing just yet. My belly's firm though.

The only odd thing is a black car drives around my house sometimes. Why? I have no idea.

Lounging on the sofa with my two puppies that I found abandoned on my way home from work in the pouring rain, I hear a knock on the door.

When I open the door, I see the one person I didn't expect to see. Danté. His eyes are full of tears and he pulls me into a hug as he weeps.

"I'm so sorry Audra! I didn't mean to be mean to you. These months away from you have been hell. I can't deny it: I want to be with you!" He holds me tightly and his wet clothes soak my shirt.

"Shhhh, it's ok. Come inside before you get sick." I grab his hand and lead him inside and quickly grab some towels.

"I have some clothes that'll fit you. Don't worry, they're not from Leo. I have for when I get extra fat." I run upstairs and grab the clothes. "Lift your arms up"

He doesn't protest as I remove his shirt and dry him off. He helps me put his shirt on. "Stand up for me."

He complies and I unbutton my jeans and pull them down as well as his boxers. Even flaccid, his manhood is HUGE. Good thing he can't see my facial expression. I pull up my boxers and sweat pants.

"Thank you, I feel much better." I out his clothes in the washer and sit next to him. My puppies are sniffing him and then plop down on his lap. They're so spoiled!

When he hears me, he gently sets the dogs down and lays his head in my lap hugging my hips. He looks comfortable like we've been doing this for years.

"Audra listen to me. I want to be with you. I don't care that you're pregnant. If you let me, I'll be their father. It's from you so I know it'll be absolutely perfect because it comes from you." My heart swells at his words, but I'm still hesitant.

"This can't be an overnight thing. We have to make progress you know?" He nods. "But I'm willing to try." He hugs me tighter.

"That's all I ask of you."

There's another knock at the door. I answer it and of course it's Dani and Alex.

"HEY!!" Jesus, Dani is always so loud. My puppies bark and run to her begging to be picked up. She spoils them too much. "Danté what are you doing here?"

Alex is already past us and in the freezer pulling out ice cream. MY ice cream. I roll my eyes at him.

We all settle down with Dani and Alex on the floor playing Xbox. Danté and I resume our position. Alex turns to us both.

"So what's going on between you two?" Danté takes his time explaining everything and him and Alex fist bump. Typical guy behavior.

And the door knocks again.

Mom and Dad just bust in.

"Hey honey!" She eyes Danté. "Who's this?"

"I'm Danté Lombardi ma'am." He stands up and walks over to meet her. He bumps into Dad instead. He just stands there awkwardly.

"Mom and Dad, he's blind. So be mindful."

Mom and Dad introduce themselves and we all sit down. Dad speaks up.

"What do you want with my daughter?"

"I want to be with her. I admit I haven't been the nicest to her, but after I need her. I was prepared to walk out of her when she was with Leo, but things have changed."

"We're Leo's parents." He doesn't reply.

"I know you're a good guy, but you need to prove yourself to Audra. We like you just fine, but I refuse to let Audra be with someone who will walk out on her and the baby." That is my biggest fear. I lost Leo, I can't afford to lose anyone else.

Danté turns to me. "I promise I won't leave you. If I need to, I'll spend my life proving it to you. I want the baby and you and for us to have a life together." His eyes begin to water again.

Mom jumps up and hugs Danté tightly.

"We're gonna go now, our pizza is almost done cooking." Alex and Dani look up.

"Pizza?!" They ask in unison.

"Come on you two" Dad says. And Danté, you better not hurt her." His tone is nothing but serious.

"I won't Sir." Alex and Dani rush out the door while Mom and Dad hug me goodbye. Once they're gone, Danté grabs my shoulders and kisses me sweetly. It's like he's sealing his promise with a kiss.

He lays his head on my lap and presses his hands to my belly.

"Hello little one. I'm going to take such good care of you baby."

We stay like this in silence and eventually fall asleep. I never expected this...

~ Hey guys! What did you think of this chapter? Maybe Dante's getting his stuff together.

Oh and because there's some misunderstanding, AUDRA AND DANTÉ DID NOT HAVE SEX. THE BABY IS LEO'S!!!

Vote/Fan/Comment/Follow/Message/Share

Thanks for all of the support. I love you guys! ❤️😘