Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Dante's POV

When I tasted Audra's sweet lips, it was as if everything fell into place. I knew my mother was happy with me. Don't ask me how I know, but I do for sure. Then she tells me she's pregnant with Leo's baby. So that's what she was trying to tell me when I kissed her. I feel weird about it. I'm not sure I want to kiss her anymore. When she speaks, her voice is laced with embarrassment and uneasiness.

"Uh, I'll just go then..." she says. I guess she's waiting for are okay but I don't give her one. My thoughts are consuming me. She lets out a deep sigh and I hear her footsteps fade. Times like these make being blind an advantage. I would've hated to have to see her face after she told me.

Alex knocks and comes into the room. Ironically, he has lighter footsteps than Dani does. "You alright Té? Audra looked pretty upset when she left." I just shrug.

"She told me she was pregnant after I kissed her." Alex mutters a low curse.

"You kissed her?! And how did you react? She's practically in tears." I ignore the twinge of guilt I feel.

"I got silent and didn't speak to her. I can't believe I kissed another man's seconds!" Alex plops down on my bed and I can smell the meat on his breath. I'd do anything to have some real food. But I'm positive Audra won't make me anything else after the way I acted. Oh well.

"I'm tired of you being such an asshole Té! You up and leave all of us, she loses the man I'm sure she would've married and then finds you in the rubble. She's nobody's seconds! I can't believe you'd even think that let alone say it. She's pregnant and on her own except for me and Dani." I let his words settle in and he continues on.

"You'll feel shitty this. Almost all of my friends and some of the staff here are ready to marry Audra and wouldn't be phased if and when she announces her pregnancy. Oh and I talked to the doctor, they said you'll be released in a couple of days. So I'll see you later, I've got to check up on Audra and make her eat. Bye Té."

"See ya Alex." I hear Dani's heavy footsteps. I can tell she's pissed.

"You're an ass Té. This is why you'll be alone! I'm going to take care of Audra so I'm leaving. Bye." I wave to her and the door slams.

Once again I'm left alone with my thoughts. I've heard Dr. Zel Dotto or whatever the hell his name is was handsome. So I guess Audra will have a cute kid all dark haired with light chocolate skin. However, the fact of the child certainty looking like another man is irritating...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Audra's POV

I can't believe Danté acted like that. If he wouldn't have interrupted and kissed me, we wouldn't be in this position. I've already vomited twice since I made it to the car. I need to eat or something. The skies are beginning to become dark and the once wispy cotton colored clouds are now massive billows of smoke in appearance. A storm is coming.

Esthero's "Thank Heaven 4 You" ringtone brings me back to reality. It's Leo's parents.

"Hello?"

"Hi honey how are you feeling?" I've never met them in person, but it feels like I've known them a lifetime.

"Queasy and I'm tired. How are you?"

"We're fine baby, I'm packing clothes for us to head out. I can't wait to see you! We can't wait to see you. My husband can be so bossy at times!"

"Aren't most men? Where do you wanna meet when you get here?" They make me feel so much better. They're amazing just like Leo was.

"We'll stay at Leo's home alright? Get some rest and else. This time tomorrow, come over and we'll meet properly honey. And keep my bambino safe and healthy. It'll all be alright. Love you."