Chapter Ten

How are y'all liking the story so far? Let me know!

CHAPTER TEN

Audra's POV

Ever since Danté left without notice a few days ago I've had this odd feeling in me. Like he's not coming back. But I try not to be pessimistic. On the bright side, my first day at the hospital is tomorrow!!! Yay! So to celebrate, I'm inviting Dani over since I haven seen her in a bit. I swear she's so busy!

Lounging in baggy sweatpants and a Amy Winehouse t-shirt, I made some soul food for the two of us and chilled some white wine. I just let my music play and lit rose water scented candles. Setting everything out around the living room, Dani just barges in not even bothering to knock.

"Hey girl what's up?! I haven't seen you in a while. How's Danté been?" Plopping her body onto the sofa am diving into her food, she looks at me strange. What does she mean 'how's Danté' hasn't she seen him?

"I haven't seen Danté. Since you know everything that happened thanks to Alex, you know he stayed the night with me..."

Dani lets out a squeal "Get it girl!"

My goodness she's crazy! You would swear she's American with an Italian accent.

"Dani, we didn't do anything. I went to pee in the morning and cook us breakfast, but he left." She looks at me with a face of disbelief and anger.

"Did he say anything to you?!" I feel uncomfortable remembering the whole situation.

"Er, no. He left through my damn bedroom window when I was in the kitchen. Is it something I did?" I take a large gulp of my wine to numb my senses a bit. But I can't keep it up, I have work in the morning.

"Fuck no you didn't! I haven't even heard from him. I'm gonna text Alex and let him know. I will cut his balls off!" With her beet red face and tense jaw, I wouldn't doubt it for a second.

Trying to lighten up the mood I tell Dani all about my new job and the sexy doctor. Apparently, plenty of women know about him. He's a looker for sure! Finally Alex texts her back. But I immediately know something's amiss when her eyes narrow to slits and slowly turns to me.

"What is it Dani?" I swallow the lump in my throat and wait for her reply.

"Danté left with his ex Bella. Alex just found out and he didn't tell anyone. Why is he so stupid!" She's more aggravated than I am. I know men aren't reliable, I found out the hard way. I assure her that I'm alright and we drink and eat a little more. We both look exhausted.

"Do you wanna spend the night Dani? You look exhausted."

Almost immediately she replies with a "Yes!" and proceeds to pull out a night shirt out of her purse. When I raise my eyebrows at her she just laughs.

"Gotta be prepared you know" and shows me her stash of condoms. She has no shame! After we put away the food and change, we get into my bed. I don't mind at all- she's like a sister to me anyway.

Laying in the dark she turns to me and whispers "We're gonna get Danté don't you worry. But if I were you I'd get with that sexy ass doctor. I'd pay to get mouth to mouth from him!"

"I'm my gonna let Danté ruin my mood or anything. Since he left, I'll keep moving. And he didn't admit his feelings anyway. So I'm gonna look sexy tomorrow and have a kick ass day at work!" As I said this I felt every word. Screw him!!!

After saying 'goodnight' to each other, Dani and I fall asleep in a restful slumber. At least I have her.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Danté POV

I've been with Bella for the last few days and everything is back to how it was. It feels great. When we left Tuscany, we went to her house in Rome. She divorced that abusive Russian and now we're a happy couple.

Laying in bed with her, I feel a wave of unease wash over me. Shaking it off, I pull Bella closer and fall asleep. Everything is perfect...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Audra's POV

My alarm clock goes off at 8:30 and I'm greeted by Erykah Badu's "Tyrone". I love that song! Turning over I see Dani half asleep with coffee and a pop culture magazine in her hand.

"Morning, how long have you been awake?"

"4 hours on and off. I'm always up at 4:30 to read the tabloids. It's my 'me' time. Want some coffee?" Nodding my head yes rushes out and back in with coffee sugar, caramel, and creamer.

"It's what made my coffee with. So I made yours like it too." Smiling and taking a sip, it tastes like heaven.

Giving myself a few minutes to drink my coffee, it's 8:40.

"Ready to get sexy for work?!" Dani seems more excited about my day than I am. Hopping in the shower, shaving, putting lotion and makeup on, and putting on my lavender scrubs, Dani braids my Afro back. It's in a tight braid. Looking at my purple eye shadow and my pink lip color, I feel confident. At 9:20 I leave the house and a spare key with Dani. I trust her being there in my house.

It's 9:35 and I park in the massive hospital lot. Making my way up to the 7th floor, I meet the charge nurse Florence and she informs me that I'll be spending this first week with Dr. Del Zotto. Looking through patient files I see a shadow over me and hear "Hola, bella" in my ear. Turning around it's Dr. Del Zotto.

"Hey how are you? I'm Audra Jones your RN."

Smiling ear to ear, his baritone fills my eardrums "Leonardo Del Zotto your attending physician. We've met before but I must say your look beautiful today. Violet is your color." We talk about the rounds I'll make and will meet for lunch in his office at 1pm.

The first half of my day went by quite slow. All I did was answer questions and change IVs and tubing. Going to Dr. Del Zotto's office (or Leo as he prefers to be called) I'm pleasantly surprised to see pizza and lemonade for me. I'm flattered.

"Thank you so much. I appreciate it!"

With a toothy grin, he says "Do I get a token of your gratitude?" I know he's joking, but I still walk over to him give him a tight hug. Afterwards I pull back and look into his deep colored eyes. Mine are even lighter brown in comparison to his. 'Thank you' is what is I whisper against his face. I can smell the lemons on his breath with an expensive smelling cologne. I'm sure he can smell my honeysuckle and cocoa earthy scent and the mint on my breath.

For a about a minute, we stay there looking deep into each other's eyes. I feel comforted and his eyes swirl with emotion. It goes much deeper than lust and I'm perplexed. Finally backing up and sitting across from him, I admire the ocean blue paint and light colored wood furniture in the room. We sit in comfortable silence.

The rest of the day went by quick and I'm eager to get home and relax. Either way, me and Leo are gonna have lots of fun together...

*Enjoying the story? Looks like Danté is out of the picture! Thanks for all of the support!(:

Vote/Fan/Comment/Follow/Message/Share

You guys are wonderful! I appreciate everything you guys do❤️ If you have any book suggestions for me to read, let me know!