Chapter Twenty-Nine

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Audra's POV

The day has finally come. Today's the day I'm marrying my soulmate out by the sea with all of my family and friends witnessing it. Well everyone except my bitter mother who refused to come. I was extremely upset at first, but I know I have many other people, including my siblings, supporting me.

Mary is helping me put on the simple dress with a fitted silhouette. I'm still surprised at how great I look in it, especially after having twins.

"You look beautiful!" Mary cries out with her eyes glimmering with emotion. Seeing her with so much joy immediately causes my eyes to well up with tears. "Don't you cry! Your makeup has to be perfect!"

I chuckle at her words and repress my tears.

The bedroom door opens and it's my brother who will be walking me down the aisle. His brown eyes fill with emotion and tears and I squeeze him tightly.

"You look great sis..." As annoying as he can be, he's a great sibling and I love him so much. He runs his fingers through my Afro like he did when we were kids.

And now here I am, about to wed.

I hug him tightly then hug Mary as she heads outside.

"It's time to go." I take one last look at myself then proceed downstairs. The air is thick with anticipation and love; my stomach is overflowing with butterflies.

I pray silently for everything to go smoothly and for confirmation that I'm doing the right thing.

My brother walks up to me.

"It's time."

I scan my surroundings one last time and notice a bright rainbow in the sky.

"Don't you worry sis," my brother tells me, "Leo is proud of you."

Dani runs past me with a wink and gives a thumbs up to someone around the corner.

"God, thank you for everything..." I pray as I make my way towards the large glass doors. These last few steps are the last I have in this chapter of my life.

<><><><>

Té's POV

I stand on the altar with anticipation buzzing through my veins. The low of my life will be here any moment now and I'm finally getting to marry her.

The road we faced wasn't easy or pleasant but still managed to end up together and for that, I'm grateful for. The babies are up front in their little tuxedos being held by Mary and Vince.

Marc is the ordained minister. What doesn't that man do?

Chuckling to myself I notice four white doves sitting on a tree branch. They watch me intently and I know in me heart, they are my family. I knew they wouldn't miss this day.

The start of Esthero's "Thank Heaven 4 You" starts to play and I know Audra's coming.

The crowd rises and I see my love coming down with path.

'Thank heaven for you, you're my angel' Esthero sings as Audra saunters in time with the music.

She's even more beautiful than I imagined and I feel the tears come to my eyes. The eyes I can actually see with. I gaze into her big brown eyes and I see the same amount of love I have for her staring right back at me.

I extend my hand to help her up the altar area and I see she's barefoot. Very hippie-like of her. But then again, the atmosphere is laid-back and loving.

Audra's beauty has me speechless and all I can do is squeeze her hand and smile.

This is true love.

<><><><><>

Audra's POV

I make may way to Té with tears of joy in my eyes. Comfort overtakes me as I glance at the bright rainbow, inhale the salty sea air, feel the warmth around me, and look into the eyes of Té and my sons.

I look out at all my friends and family and I feel nothing but gratitude towards them. Without their help, I wouldn't be here today. I might not even have been alive.

Marc eyes Karmen with a wink and proceeds to start the ceremony.

<><><><><>

Té's POV

As much as I love getting married to Audra, I wish the process could be sped up a bit. The wait to make her legally my wife is killing me!

Well Marc tells me to recite my custom vows and anxiety fills me to the brink. The babies are brought up to us and I hold Lenzo while Audra holds Damien. They have the rings in the tuxedos.

I expertly hold Lenzo and put the ring on Audra's finger. I begin to recite my vows.

"Audra, I love you with every fiber of my being. I know I've messed up in the past but you've forgiven and grown with me which is a testament to your character. You've blessed me with two beautiful sons and there's not a day that goes by where I am in awe of you. I look into those beautiful eyes and see so much love. Who knew a chance meeting would turn into all of this?" I hear my voice start to crack and I smile when Lenzo's hands reach for my cheeks.

I continue on.

"I never want to be without you Audra. God blessed me with you and no word can describe how much I'm in love with you. I promise to be patient, caring, understanding, and the man that you want and need. No matter what, we'll through the rough times because if you're not there with the boys, then I'm nothing. I'll always be here for you baby, in life and in death. You three are my entire world and I love all of you."

I'm crying by the end of my vow and I look into Audra's eyes and see her eyes full of tears.

I still don't know how I got her, she's perfect.

<><><><><>

Audra's POV

Té's vows had me in tears. Seeing him confess his heart to me was so beautiful. When he started to tear up and Lenzo wiped his face, I knew everything would be alright between us. I blink back more tears and balance Damien's body while I put on Té's wedding band.

I start my vows.

"Danté, I love you so much. We've been through so much and I'm so thankful to have gotten to this point in life with you. We have two beautiful boys and I can never express how thankful I am for you. Even when I feel weak, you're strong. I know that you'll never abandon me and you'll show me as much love as I show you. You're my equal, soulmate, lover, and friend. I don't ever want to be without you. Thank you for everything you've done for me, I love you and I always will."

Té strokes my hand and I see the audience in tears as well. Marc wipes away his tears.

"I know pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Danté Lombardi, you may kiss your bride."

With a sweet kiss on the lips between us and kisses planted upon the cheeks of our children, we're officially husband and wife.

We did it.

++ Hey y'all! Did you like the chapter? The only chapter left is the epilogue, crazy right? Thank you for all of the support, couldn't have done this without every single one of my readers :)

Pleas check out my other books and please share this story!

I love you all,
- Deeja