Chapter Twenty-Six

[A big thank you to
@lionessluv4life
@miimiisweazy
@honeyyboo7
@runawaytroublemaker for the baby names I've chosen! Those of you who commented all had amazing names, so a big thank you to you guys as well!]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Audra's POV

I can't move. Pain radiates through my body. Labor...fucking labor pains are no joke. Apparently sexual activity and orgasms can trigger it. Either way, I'm thankful for Danté and hate him at the same damn time.

He got to me and called Vince and Mary in record time. As of now, he's in my hospital bed laying with me and ontop of that, he's sleeping so heavily that I can squeeze him when the contractions hit and he doesn't react. Mary and Vince laugh at it every time. I need to dilate about another centimeter and a half before I can get an epidural. And you better fucking believe I'm taking those drugs. I can't handle so much pain!

Just as I start to doze off the best I can, Dani, Marc, and Alex bust through the door.

"Is labor really as bad as they say it is?" Alex asks. I give him a death glare and he looks away. Don't ask stupid questions.

I give Dani a tight hug, then I hug Marc but a contraction hits and I'm basically strangling him. This is the strongest contraction yet and it leaves me in tears. I force myself to loosen my grip on a tomato-faced Marc.

"Baby it's alright, just breathe. Deep breaths. This won't last too much longer." Danté whispers in my ear. I turn as much as I can with my large stomach and notice bruises on his arms from where I was holding him so tight.

"I really wish I could see your right now..." My heart slowly breaks as he says that to me. I want him to see me and the babies for the first time. But I don't know if that'll ever happen. Shit! Contractions are setting in and I begin to cry hysterically.

"THAT FUCKING DOCTOR BETTER GIVE MY SISTER SOME EPIDURAL!" Dani yells. Like anyone will believe that we're related. She runs out of my room and down the hall yelling at doctors and nurses...typical Dani.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Danté's POV

I can feel Audra's distress and I'm extremely tense. It hurts me to know that she's going through pain and I can't help, but I'm also excited for the arrival of our twin boys. Which should be in the next hour. Mary said something about 17 hours of labor; it feels like 17 years.

"Té?" Audra's voice fills my ears, her warm breath fanning over my cheeks and neck.

"Yes?" She squeezes my hand. It's clammy and shaking; she's in so much pain.

"You've been with me this entire time and you need to eat" That's not an option for me.

"No"

"Yes you will. Vince and the rest of the guys are going so you don't have a choice." I nod and I feel arms helping me out of the bed. I know it's Alex. He may be manly as hell, but he's always conscientious of his grip. We walk down the hallway and order some cheap breakfast sandwiches. None of us are the mood for a heavy meal. As we sit, there's a wave of anticipation in the air but we remain silent.

"Té I have a question" Marc asks breaking the silence. I nod my head signaling him to continue.

"Would you ever want to regain your vision?" I'm confused by his question. But I would love to see again.

"Yes, of course."

"Well I have some associates who have developed a procedure that would allow you to have your eyesight back. However, it involves the optic lens and retinal membranes from a cadaver." I'm shocked by what I'm hearing. "Would you be interested?"