Imprisoned

"Oh winter please forgive me." moon said.

"It's too late for forgiveness." winter said. "We are through!" the last three words breaking moon like children hitting icicles off the roof destroying them for fun. Moon lay on the floor crying.

"What's wrong with me?" asked moon. Winter turned around, opened his mouth and produced three bongs of a bell.

Moon woke up with an ice blue seawing inches from her face.

"WHAT IN THREE MOONS ARE YOU DOING?" Moon shouted at the dragon who jumped off of her and fell on the floor.

"Sorry sorry sorry." The small dragonet said tapping her claws together. "I just wanted to wake you so you could tell me about the outside world." Moon stared at her in confusion.

"You have never left this room?" Moon asked the small female dragonet.

"Well I have left this room a couple of times but I have never left the castle." The seawing explained as moon looked around the room. There was two beds hanging opposite sides of the square room. A door with barred windows made up one wall and the last wall occupied a window, a toilet and a sink.

"Do we get food in here?" asked moon feeling her stomach rumble.

"Well ya that's what the flap under the door is for." said the dragonet motioning to the door.

"What are you in for?" asked moon.The dragonet shrugged.

"Apparently I was the 'illegal' spawn of an icewing and a seawing. I've lived here my whole life. What are you in for?"

"Oh I tried to rescue my friends." moon said coming down and sitting across from her.

"More like boyfriends." moon thought.

"Enough chit chat, tell me about the outside world." moon opened her mouth to tell her but before she could a small ding was heard and several trays of meat were slid into the room under the door. There was fish, seal, seagull, goat, fruit and seven other trays of stuff moon couldn't name.

"I'll just take the fish if you don't mind." the dragonet said pulling the tray over by her while moon gathered everything else by her.

"I didn't think they would feed their prisoners this well." moon said picking up an ice blue spiky thing and wondered if she had to peal it.

"You'ld be surprised what they feed their soldiers." Said the dragonet as she started telling tall tales of cakes as tall as dragons and large sugar coated treats.

"How do you know what they feed the soldiers?" asked moon.

"Once I took a thing of keys and hid them so they couldn't find them. So they starved me and chained me to the ground in front of where the soldiers eat to torture me until I told them." she said staring at the fish in her hands remembering the event.

"I didn't catch your name." said moon abandoning the spiky thing for a goat.

"It's Sea star." the seawing said. "You want to know why?" she asked but without waiting for an answer she lifted up one of her wings and showed her the luminescent stripes. most of them were in the shape of a Sea star. While moon was finishing eating Sea star got up on her bed and started messing around with small stones on her bed.

"Wow you ate a lot of it." Sea star said after moon ate almost all of it.
"I was just hungry." said moon sheepishly. She didn't want a dragon she had just meet to know her secret.

"Really?" asked Sea star. "I didn't eat that much even after they starved me for close to a month."

"Um." moon said. Sea star suddenly gasped and started squealing and Moon knew she had guessed her secret.

"Oh my gosh you're pregnant." She said. "What are you going to name it?" she asked.

"I don't know." said moon realizing that was the one thing she had not thought of.

"Well we have to fix that... um What was your name again?" she asked

"Moonwatcher but you can call me Moon." Moon said. "But what about telling you about the outside world?"

"That can wait as far as I know I'm going to be here my whole life, but you don't have your whole life to name your dragonet so let's get started!" Sea star said. Moon sat down and they discussed names until it was dark. Moon yawned.

"I think I'll be heading to bed now." moon said.

"Alright goodnight Moon goodnight joey." Sea star said as she got into bed.

"I told you if it even is a boy we are not calling him joey." Moon said as she drifted into an uneasy sleep filled with nightmares.