Chapter 7

"Your Luxray is like no other. His powers have expanded and the same with his size. We have healed him, but he won't ever be the same again." Nurse Joy explained to Autumn as she brought Luxray out of the hospital room.

Luxray definitely was different. His ears were pointed and he had striped of white, yellow, and black in his mane. His tail had two white spots and a huge yellow star on it. He had one diamond yellow above each leg, and one of his claws on each paw was yellow. He was almost as big as Autumn.

"I'm just glad he's back." Autumn smiled and hugged him.

"Luxray," Luxray said softly with affection.

"Come on, let's go continue our mission. Team Smile will never give up, and now that Luxray is back, we can keep going." Autumn smiled.

Ever since the accident, the people at the Oreburgh pokemon center said Luxray's damage was so intense that they had to send him to the Jubilife City pokemon center, which was one of the best in Sinnoh. Autumn, Jake, and their pokemon had been waiting for this day for forever.

Jake walked toward them and gasped. "Whoa, Luxray looks.....different! In a good way," he promised. "Now let's head to that Contest!"

The Contest was today and Luxray had gotten better just in time. Autumn let out Tropius and whispered in her ear. She smiled and they exited the pokemon center. "Let's go!" Autumn exclaimed as they jumped on Tropius's back and they flew to the Contest. 

"I hear this Contest will be on TV since Jubilife TV needs a new show! I'm am sooooooo excited!" Autumn exclaimed over the roar of the wind as they disappeared into the clouds.

***

"Okay Tropius, we are going on in five minutes, so I just want you to do your best and have fun," Autumn said.

"Tropius!" Tropius smiled. 

Autumn had dressed up in a pink dress with her hair pulled up into a high ponytail and a huge pink bow in the back. Tropius's leaves were covered in pink ribbon and a pink bow on her head. Buneary had a big pink bow on her head and her pink fur was also covered in ribbons.

"Now, next is Team Smile!" The announcer guy said in a loud microphone. The audience cheered and clapped.

Autumn lead her pokemon in a row onstage. She was supposed to perform a set of moves that impressed the judges into giving her a good score. The team with the best score won. 

"Ready, set, GO!!" Autumn said to her pokemon as the happy music turned on.

Autumn raced to the side of the stage, with Buneary on the opposite side. On the beat of the music they leaped in front of Tropius, who used Leaf Storm, but the leaves were covered in pink ribbon! 

Autumn landed and then stumbled, causing her to miss the next dance move. The crowd cheered and clapped. Autumn quickly recovered and waved her ribbon in the air. 

Buneary hopped onto Tropius as she flew around the room. Buneary used Baby-doll Eyes, causing the crowd to coo in delight. 

"Awwww," they all said. Right as Team Smile was about to do their big finish, Jake burst through the door.

 "Everyone! Run! Hide your pokemon! The danger is coming!" He yelled.

Someone screamed as the door was broken down by a huge Electivire by using Thunder Punch. "ELECTIVIRE!" it roared as it used Ice Punch and froze half the audience. 

Autumn couldn't believe her eyes. "What's going on?"

"Team Rogue has almost enough pokemon to power their machine. One more powerful Luxray and the Sinnoh Region will be ours." Jake said with no hint of emotion in his voice.

"I'm sorry it came to this Autumn..." Jake said letting Leafeon and Piplup out of their pokeballs.

"Piplup! Use Mud Slap! Leafeon! Use Razor Leaf!" Jake demanded. There was a void of darkness in his eyes. Avoid of nothingness.

Autumn couldn't believe what was going on. "Luxray, use Roar! Buneary, return!" 

All the pokemon in the room shuddered and leaned against the wall as Luxray and Autumn escaped. The moves missed as Luxray managed to scare them.

"I'm shocked! How could Jake do something like that!" Autumn shouted over the thunder that had begun. It began to rain hard. Luxray began to jolt occasionally with sparks of lightning.

Suddenly, something stepped in front of them. It looked like Jake's Leafeon but like an electric one. A Jolteon!

"Jolt-Jolteon!" Suddenly a purple circle burst out of its mouth as it used Shadow Ball. Autumn shouted as some of it hit her and Luxray. Autumn fell to the ground, unconscious. 

Luxray felt something inside him. Something worse than anger, something more dangerous than the worst lightning storm. Hatred.

"LUUUUXXRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Luxray pushed all that hatred onto the wretched Jolteon. 

A huge strike of lightning came from the sky and zapped Jolteon, making it faint....or maybe something even worse than faint.

Luxray stumbled before glancing at Autumn and at the oncoming members of Team Rogue, the evil men they were trying to stop all along. He couldn't save her, but he had tried. The image of Autumn as she told him it was okay to lose comforted him, as he slithered off into darkness as well.