V-The smoky motel

We drove for about 3 hours. I held on tightly to the stranger as I watched the beautiful landscape pass me by.
He decided to make a pit stop in a small gas station. I jumped down from the bike and shook my fiery colored hair as it fell down to my hips. The man stared at me and smirked as he filled his bike with gas.

"So what's the deal?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You running away from home or something? Got a secret boyfriend in Seattle?" He smirked.

"More like running away from my abusive stepdad who is ruining me and my sister's lives, and trying to find a better future for us."

"Oh.." he paused and scratched his head, "but why Seattle?"

"One word. Music."

Music is a beautiful thing. It's like an escape, an escape from this fucked up reality. At least that's the way I always thought of it. A beautiful melody can transport you, make you feel so many emotions, make you happy, make you cry. That's why I loved it so much.

The man walked into the small shop and payed for the gas, when he returned he was holding two sodas and two small bags of chips.

"Here kid" he said as he handed me a soda and a bag of chips.

I smiled, "Thanks! You didn't have get me anything you know" I said as I leant on the wall.

He took off his sunglasses and looked at me with his blue eyes, "I'm Andrew by the way."

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Codi."

Andrew looked like he was in his late thirties. He looked..lonely. I could see it as I into his eyes.

He took a sip from his soda and turned his head towards me, "So this stepdad of yours.. He abused you?"

"Yes." I paused and pulled the sleeves of my sweater up, "You see these bruises? He did that."

I could see him examining my arms, "Oh, that must be kinda bad." He said.

I could tell that he didn't know what to say, he felt awkward.

He seemed like a nice guy at that point, he was listening to what I had to say and he was giving me a free ride. It's a shame that I was wrong about him. I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover...

After finishing our sodas and chips we jumped back onto the motorcycle and continued our journey down the long highway.
.
.

We drove all day that day, and pulled up at a small, run down motel as night fell upon us.

"We'll stay here tonight." Said Andrew as he helped me down from the motorcycle, "Don't worry.. I'll pay."

"Are you sure? I mean I feel bad.."