XII-"Daddy, stop please!"

"Child abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime." - Herbert Ward

.
.

"There they are!" Yelled a nearby voice

Slowly Jane's blonde hair came into view as she emerged from over the hill followed by Sam, Adam and Jack.

We sat up and greeted them.

"Oh my god Codi, why are your eyes so red?" Said Adam as he stared at me.

I looked at Dani and giggled.

"They're high, I'm calling it." Said Sam with a grin on his face.

Dani smiled mockingly at him, "What? You jealous?"

Jack sat down beside me and looked into my eyes, "Damn, you definitely can't hide it." He giggled.

I stuck my tongue out at him as Jane, Sam and Adam sat down next to Lilia.

"Wow look at that sunset!" Chirped Jane as her bright blue eyes widened.

As I looked up at the pastel coloured sky, Jack wrapped his arms around me. I froze for a moment and then slowly turned my head towards him, his eyes softened as his little dimples appeared. I lay my head softly on his shoulder as we gazed up at the sky, blocking out the noises from the others behind us. As the rest of the world blurred out I just focused on us. There was just Jack and I, no one else, just us together, enjoying the beautiful view.

As I snapped back to reality I slowly brought my head off of his shoulder.

"Jack. I.. I don't think we should take this any further." I said softly.

He perked himself up and looked  at the ground, "Why not?" He asked slowly.

"Well.. with you going to Portland and me going to Seattle, it just.. it just wouldn't work out."

He nodded, "I understand. But Codi..I can't deny that I feel something for you." He paused, "I'm not sure if you feel the same for me but... I want to work it out, I like you Codi, a lot."

I paused and looked into his deep brown eyes, "I like you too.." I said shyly.

I leant my head back onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arm back around my waist.

In that moment I realized that I had truly found a group of amazing people, people I knew I could never forget. I never thought that I could love people as much as I did in that moment,. I never thought that I could ever find friends like them.

As night fell we headed back to the vans. We decided that we would stay up for another little while, all squeezing into the green van.
We played spin the bottle as we listened to some of Dani's mixtapes.

I sat on one of the sofa beds next to Jack and placed my legs on his lap as I wrapped my arms around him.
He smiled at me and pushed my hair back behind my neck. He started to kiss my neck making my body release all tensions.

"Hey calm down you two!" Laughed Adam as he winked at Jack.

I buried my face into Jack's chest shyly as he ran his fingers through my hair.
.
.
Suddenly my phone rang, the screen lit up reading the name "Sasha"
I hurried outside of the van and shut the door then answered the call.

"Sasha? What's wrong?"

There was no reply and all that could be heard were loud banging noises.

"SASHA?" I yelled.

I heard the sounds of someone crying, a child crying. It was Izzy on the phone, not Sasha.

"CODI.." She yelled, "DADDY STOP PLEASE!" She screamed as she talked to someone in the background.

"CODI, DADDY'S HITTING SASHA."

My heart dropped as the sounds of Izzy's cries and screams filled my ears.

"IZZY" I breathed out heavily "IZZY PLEASE go into the room and lock the door."

"BUT.."

"DO IT NOW!" I screamed as I interrupted her.

I heard the noises of her walking into the room and slamming the door shut then locking it.

"DADDY STOP HURTING SASHA!" She yelled as she sobbed uncontrollably.

"Izzy. IZZY PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. I need you to call 911."

I could hardly make out what she was saying with her constant crying, "OK, but...I'M SCARED."

"IZZY DO IT NOW!" I paused, "Take the house phone that is in the room. STAY WITH ME ON THIS CALL AS YOU CALL THEM ON THE OTHER PHONE."

"Okay" I heard her stutter as she gasped through her tears.
I heard the sounds of her dialing the emergency services along with the muffled out sounds of screaming and banging from the nearby room.

"MY DADDY IS HURTING MY SISTER." I heard her yell into the other phone.

"PLEASE, come quick." She sobbed,
"12 Denver Lane."

"CODI, I called them, they said they are coming." She sniffed into the phone.

"Ok baby. You have to promise me to stay in that room ok?"

"Y,yes." She cried.

After about ten minutes of listening to Izzy crying I could hear a loud commotion coming from the other room through the phone.

"They're here Codi." She said quietly.

The sound of the bedroom door could be heard as Izzy screamed.

'Shh it's okay sweetie, we're coming to take you with us.' Said a ladies voice from the room.

"IZZY." I said, "You can hang up now baby but please call me when you reach the police station and tell me what's happening, I love you." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I wuv you too Codi." She whispered and then hung up.

I locked my phone screen and leant against the van sobbing uncontrollably. I felt so much anger and so much pain inside of me.

I stormed into the van, tears streaming down my face and placed my fist on the table.

"Lilia. I need you to take me to Seattle NOW." I yelled as they all stared at me, their eyes wide with worry.

"Okay babe." Said Lilia softly, "I guess we're hitting the road."

Lilia, Sam, Jane and I left the green van and climbed back onto the blue van.  Lilia still drove despite her noticable fatigue as Sam and Jane fell asleep in the sofa bed.

I stayed up the whole night and gazed out of the window, my heart heavy with sorrow, guilt and worry.

What if Frank had seriously hurt Sasha? What if she didn't recover?

I buried my head in my hands as tears filled up my burning eyes.