XI-Chloe's Secret

A/N: This chapter contains soft drug use. Just a heads up ❤

.

To take my mind off of things, Jane decided that we should watch a movie. She grabbed her glasses and brought out her laptop. She put on the classical movie "The sound of music" as we snuggled up with our blankets on the sofa bed together. Throughout the whole movie I couldn't stop thinking about Jack, I didn't want to think about him. I didn't want to think about the kiss as I knew that I had bigger matters to focus on. Yet, however hard I tried, I couldn't help it, I couldn't just brush away that feeling I had, it seemed to linger there in my mind.

"Hey guys, I have to make a quick stop for gas." Said Lilia.

"Oh okay." Said Sam as he pressed the off button on the laptop.

Lilia pulled up to a small gas station next to the highway and we got out. She filled up the tank while stopping for a quick cigarette break, joined by Dani who also smoked.

I saw Jack jump out of the green van and smile at me, his cute little dimples appearing. I quickly looked away shyly and leant on the blue van.
He walked over to me and leant on the van beside me.

"How are you? you seem...upset" He said quietly.

"I'm not great." I sighed.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he turned his head round to me worriedly.

I hesitated then quietly continued, "My sister told me that my stepdad is getting worse since I left. He keeps hurting my mom and drinking. My sisters are becoming closer to danger everyday, I've seen what that man can do...I want them to be safe."

He stayed silent and looked down at the ground. Suddenly he reached for my waist and pulled me in close to him, he hugged me tight wrapping his athletic arms warmly around me. He had a specific scent, he smiled like cinnamon and spices, a smell I couldn't help but love.

"You're going to get through this Codi.. It's all going to work out." He paused, "We're here for you." He whispered in my ear, sending a shiver all through my body.

Lilia finished her cigarette and hopped back into the van followed by Sam and Jane. I pulled away from Jack and slowly pulled myself up into the van, I turned and smiled at him then quickly shut the door.
.
.
We drove until 3pm, snacking on protein bars, bread and cheese through the long journey.

"Lilia, we're near Salt Lake City right?" Asked Jane as she wrapped her arms around Sam's neck.

"Yeah, about 5 minutes away. Why?" Replied Lilia.

"Well, Sam and I would really like to have a walk around the city. There are apparently some really cheap baby clothes stores there."

Lilia gazed at me through the front mirror, "Are you okay with that Codi? I know you really want to get to Seattle quickly."

I nodded, "Yeah it's fine, I'd like to have a look around since we're here anyway."

Salt Lake City was a modern, young people's city that layed in a valley beside a large mountain. It had a trendy, hip vibe and lots of large crowds.

"Okay, first we all need to go to the supermarket and get some food, you guys need to tell me what you like, I'll pay." Said Adam as he spoke to the group.

"Okay, I think I saw one on the left over there." Said Dani as she pointed towards a busy street.

As I walked to the supermarket Jack walked next to me. I realized that he really wanted to make conversation, but he didn't know what to say. He simply kept his head down and followed closely beside me.