Chapter 25 - Finale

Far from over- not speaking in filthy language.

Life seemed, terrifying when you first came her to Paris. You didn't know anyone and you took too much time adapting to your home.

Until you saw Adrien. Before reuniting, you thought of Adrien as a brother or some cousin. You hadn't fell in love with him like you did now.

---

The next morning... y'know, after the night of the *kiss*, you woke up, unbelievably comfortable. It was as if he casted a spell on you. You touched your lips, feeling the softness. The memories of the night before were bleeding into your mind.

He kissed you, he really did. You're hoping it's not the last time that ever happens. You've never been so grateful for today to be a Monday. You get to see Adrien today which fills you with contentment. God, you've missed him over the span of 2 days.

You arrived at school, a number of students giving you odd looks, ones that seemed never ending. You walked to Lila and asked her about the scene. "What's going on."

"I'm not sure. I think it's because you kissed Adrien." Your face turned red, ears too, and you had a large pit in your stomach. Was it guilt? Embarrassment? Fulfillment?

"H-How did you know that?"

"Marinette." Your heart sank. It was drowning in your body. You knew she adored Adrien. She always gushes over him, always stares.

"What'd she say?" You twiddled your fingers in a circle together.

"She said she saw you kissing him in the corner of the street on Friday," She rested her hand on your shoulder. "She seemed mad. And sad. Smad."

You felt dizzy. The world was spinning before you. Why were you so nervous? Marinette came to you for advice. She looked up at you and smiled. She- she trusted you with her secret, her love for him... and now it seems like your stabbing her in the back endlessly, the blood on the knife drying and yearning for a new coat of blood, the process repeating.

"Tell her I'm sorry." You smiled with tears in your eyes and ran down the stairs, out the door, and to your house. You totally ignored Adrien, who was a block away from the school.

When you arrived to your house, you shoved your stuff in your suitcase before strolling off to the bus and on towards the airport. You got a call. You didn't answer. You got a few texts. You didn't reply.

But the buzzing of your phone was so annoying, you had to respond.

//GROUP CHAT WITH MA HOMIES//

Lila: Where r u?

Alya: Girl, you good or nah?

Nino: Yeah Bro.

Marinette: We're worried.

You could imagine the force she was put into writing that fake message. Marinette most likely hates you at this point. But then he texted.

Adrien: Y/N... please come back.

You had to reply. You couldn't leave them with this burden of guilt and worry on their fragile backs.

You: I'm fine

Lila: Oh good! Did u forget your pads this time???

Nino: hey, we're here too.

Lila: Sorry boys.

You: Guys... I... I'm off to America. I bought a ticket... I'm not coming back.

There wasn't a reply for a while.

Back at school, things were hectic. Little did you know EVERYONE was looking for you.

Nino: C'mon bro. you cant leave us! youre... youre our friend. you wouldn't do this to us, right?

There was a pang in your heart. Now it was your turn to be stabbed in the chest over and over, cries blood curdling.

You: I wish I could tell you no.

Marinette: Stop. Please. Please come back.

There was a notification from a private chat from Adrien.

Adrien: Jesus, Y/N. Don't go.

You: Adrien... I have to. I let... everyone down already.

Adrien: Don't make me beg. Look, I want to remind you. I love you.

Adrien: I liked you in the first grade, as well as the 2nd. Then the 4th. You never returned the feeling. But... now that you do, I won't let you get away that easily. There are so many reasons why I need you here. I won't let go. If you leave, I know for a fact you'll hang on to this for the rest of your life. And so will I.

Adrien: So, don't go. You mean the world to me. I love you. Please reconsider.

Y/N: Adrien...

Adrien: I'm on my way.

You stood at your seat. You didn't move. Until you realized that his father won't let him go too far. You took the bus back, 5 blocks away from your school. And you saw him. And you cried. Because you love him.

"Adrien!" You ran to him, as cliché as it was. You didn't let him say anything. You just kissed him. You didn't care if people were watching. You were drowning in the happiness you felt. And that was all that mattered.

"I love you too."

You went to school that day, and even Marinette hugged you. And you hugged back. It was for the better.

At the end of the day, all that was in your mind, all that was in your heart, was that Adrien loved you. And that you loved him back.

You are no longer in the friend zone.

-------------------------------------

The End
———-

hi this is me um i wrote this in 2016 and it is 2021 .. wtf . this story is laughable and made me cringe but it was fun to reread i guess ?? anyway !! i tried revising some grammar .. but then i gave up lmao. ALSO stawp asking abt book two, i unpublished it years ago it's in my drafts forever. 310k reads,, yall r a bunch of simps fr. but yeah! the show is still rlly good n i'm still super gay for cat noir so <3 bye bye yall, i'll stalk the comments in a few years.