Distraction 1

"Dad. You never told me who this event was for." I wonder as I throw my Eggos in the toaster. "It's for an artist from my label Kehlani you might have heard of her." He explains taking a sip of his coffee. I smile just thinking about how coincidental life is I mean I met this girl in the mall yesterday and for some reason I low key just thought about her at weird times throughout the day and now I'm going to her event or party. "So what time are we going?" I ask leaning back on the counter. "About that." I swear it's always something with this man. "I have to go fly out to New York this afternoon so I can't make it to the party." He says. "So I have to go by myself? Because I'm not doing that." I say crossing my arms.

"No, You can go with Kehlani's assistant Kim or Kimberly." I contemplate on if I want to say home on a Saturday night or go to this party with a girl I don't know. "Ok I'll go what time should I be ready." I ask as my waffles pop up. " Umm in about 3 hours." He says looking at his watch.
.
.
.

I put on my shoes and throw my jean jacket over my shoulders. I straightened my natural hair just because I wanted to do something different for today. My hair was now mid back length.

I walk down the step and see a white girl that looked to be about my age she had bluntly cut black shoulder length hair she look kinda like Kylie Jenner in a way

"Hey my name is Kim." She says giving me a hug. "I'm Queen." I say giving her a smile." That's a really nice name wonder how your parent thought of that." She speaks as we start walking to the car. " I actually never asked them."I say as we drive off. The rest of the ride was filled with the radio and us talking about random things. We pull up to a really nice apartment building "The party is here?" I ask confused."Oh no Kehlani texted me saying that there was an emergency."

We both get out the car and head inside

We both get out the car and head inside. The hall was very fancy it had marble floors, nicely shaped trees at the door,and to top everything off a huge crystal chandelier was hanging from the ceiling. Kim scans a card at the elevator that lets us in we get out on the 14th floor then walk down a long hallway to get to her apartment and the door was already unlocked for us. The apartment itself was neat "Kehlani!" She walks out a room with a tight top and sweatpants on "Oh my god you're the girl from the mall. Never got your name tho." She says coming closer to me.