Escape

When you're ready, just say you're ready.When all the baggage just ain't as heavy. And the party's over, just don't forget me.We'll change the pace and we'll just go slow

"I'm sorry but the person you have called has a voicemail box that has not been setup yet please leave a message after the beep. Beep!"

"Uh Hey, mom it's Kehlani. I know we haven't talked in a while but I have my first show at lancer park today at 8:30 it would mean a lot to me... bye" I hang up the phone in hopes that I get a call back.
.
.
.

"Kehlani come on we have to get you into hair and make up." Noodles she says pulling me out of my thoughts. It's 7:00 and she still hasn't called or texted me back I don't know why I got my hopes up. I sit in the makeup chair and close my eyes I still can't believe my life has changed so much since I was kicked out the house by my Mom. I just want her to see how much I've accomplished and maybe she'd be proud of me.

"We're going to get some food do you want anything."No."

"Ok bye we'll be back." She says walking out the door with Erica my hair and makeup stylist. I distract myself on my phone for a while until I hear a knock. I sigh

"Who the fuck." I huff walking over to the door. I swing the door open and my eyes widen.

"U-Uh what are you doing here?"

"Your mom wanted you to have this." Darnell says in a annoyed voice handing me a shoe box and walking away. I walk back into my apartment and close the door. I walk to my room and plop down on my bed. I sigh as I slide the top of the shoe box.

"What the fuck?" I say out loud shaking my head. I pull out all the papers my birth certificate, passport basically everything I needed to live without her. I feel a knot forming in my throat I guess this's her way of telling me she doesn't want me anymore. I throw the box across the room as a waterfall of tears stream down my face. I thought that she would come around today if all days.I look over to the papers and see a yellow envelope titled  READ. I pick it up ready to open it but I put it down I don't need a explanation as to why she just up and abandoned me. With tears still streaming down my face I tuck the   envelope in a box on the top shelf of my drawer. I guess she doesn't want me anymore or maybe I didn't deserve her in the first place...

Queen:

I walk downstairs and right into an argument my dad was having with his little girlfriend.

"Baby you said that you would get me into the studio today!" Cassidy yells as my dad makes up some excuses.

"Queen do you know why your dad won't let me go into the studio to record." Cassidy puts me into there argument.

" I have no idea." I shrug as they go back to arguing.

"Dad I'm ready to head to the studio if you guys are done arguing."

"Uh... before we go to the studio I'm having a friend come over and train you in the gym room your looking a little flabby so we have to tone you up. Just throw on some gym clothes or something."My dad says taking me back.

"Uh...ok." I say then run upstairs.

I swing my bedroom door open and close it. I go strip out of my clothes and go to the mirror am I fat? I steer at my body from all angles my figure is slim yet still curvy. Maybe I can tone my stomach and thigh area it is kind of... Queen don't do this to yourself don't go back to your old mind set your mind is playing tricks on you your body is perfect. I listen to the voice in my head.