Chapter 10

•New York | September 2nd, 2022 | 04:12pm•

"mhmm" I moaned "this shit is good who taught you how to cook like this?"

He chuckled and just looked up at me with a smile. We were chilling in his living room on the couch watching some netflix on his laptop while I ate. He wasn't really hungry though so he just laid his head in my lap and watched me eat.

"I'm glad you like it. my mom taught me how to make most of the shit I cook. I wasn't raised like most kids, my mom never let me have anything sweet. when I tell you I've never drunk soda in my life you probably wouldn't believe me but it's true"

"damn. my mom is kinda like that. she would never buy junk food for us but she always gave us money for school and such so we'd always buy candy and sweets at the deli on our way to school"

"your mom, we haven't really talked about her. you mentioned your dad but never really anything about your mom" He said

"there's nothing much to tell. she's a normal, caring, sweet woman. despite all that's been happening she manages to keep her head high. we've always had a special connection I would say. most people say being a soft parent turns your kids bad but I feel like because she was so lenient I was able to talk to her more growing up. if she was mean and harsh I would've been sneaking out, but instead she was open and let us talk things out like adults. she's my role model as I raise Storm to be the best that she can be"

"she sounds chill" He nodded

"what about you? mother, father? siblings?" I asked

"mom and dad have been married for thirty-five years. I have a older sister who's thirty and a younger sister who's turning thirteen next year. uh nothing much...how bout you any siblings?" He asked

"I got two sisters. First is Shay, she's twenty-five. then we got Mia. she's not blood but we've grown up together from diaper days so we treat her as if she's family. she's like my twin in a way, we used to be inseparable"

"what happened?"

"there's a lot going on with her right now. she recently lost her newborn and that's really been taking a toll on her and her marriage." I explained

"how'd it die?"

"he was stillborn"

"oh damn" He muttered

I set the plate down and began to just admire his features. His skin color, his build, the stretch marks on his shoulders and chest, the scar on his forehead. He's beautiful on the inside and out.