Chapter 16

Micaiah (mai-KAY-yuh) Nathaniel London

•Los Angeles | October 1st, 2022 | 03:42pm•

Deivys

"Malachi, wake up" I said while shaking him "we're back"

It been a little over two weeks since Nyah died. We didn't even go back to New York so that we could attend the funeral today, which he ended up not going to anyways, so I went for him. These past two weeks he's stayed in bed the whole time either crying or sleeping. He barely eats and has probably showered twice this week. The worst part is that he won't even look at Micaiah. I guess seeing him keeps reminding him of what happen to Nyah. I don't think that's fair though, it's not his fault Nyah died.

"I'm sleeping" He muttered

"obviously not if you're responding to me, baby wake up" I said

"no!"

"fine, then I'm coming in"

I kicked off my loafers and tossed my blazer to the side before getting under the covers with him. His body was so warm, too warm. I think he might be developing a fever.

"babe you're burning hot, I think you got a fever" I said using the back of my hand to touch his forehead

"good, maybe I might die and get to finally be free"

"don't speak like that. you got two kids who need you, they already lost their mother you can't make them orphans"

"he's not my son, he killed her...he's not my son" He whispered

"Malachi!" I barked making him jump a little

"these things happen, I'm not saying it's right but it happens. don't blame him for something he didn't ask to happen. I'm pretty sure Nyah would pick his life over her's in a heartbeat and would want you to do the same. He's your son, Micaiah needs you please don't think like that"

It was hurting me watching him go through this. I understand why he may think Micaiah is the cause of Nyah's death but that shouldn't make him disown his own son.

"instead of thinking of him as the cause, think of him as the beautiful result. she dies so he could live, who knows if she ever would've woken up? at least now you have two beautiful reminders of what a great person she was"

"when we moved to New York I used to think I wouldn't be able to do it, I would call myself a single father. now I truly am a single father, I'm alone" He said breaking out into tears