Chapter 41

•New York | August 1st, 2023 | 04:17pm•

"earth to Malachi" Deivys said snapping me back to reality

I've been sitting here thinking about the kiss Jakob and I shared weeks ago. I honestly forgot about it until now, I guess him coming back to New York today has got me thinking. His daughter is being born sometime this week so he wants to be there when it happens.

Deivys and I have been sitting here for the past two hours talking to this damn wedding planner. yeah, he got a fucking wedding planner. The moment she started talking about flowers is when I lost interest.

"huh?" I asked

"what do you think about September 30th?" He asked

"as long as we're getting married" I shrugged

I know I'm showing little to no interest in this but it's not that I don't want to get married, I just don't want to do all of this.

"okay I guess that wraps up today, tomorrow we'll begin the guest list" She said while packing up her photo album of flowers

"great" I said sarcastically

She fake smiled then grabbed her things to leave. I was about to get up and go upstairs but Dee stopped me.

"what's the matter, you don't want to get married no more?" He asked seriously

"I do, trust me I do. I just think all of this is unnecessary. we can just get married on a beach, with close friends and family. we don't need no million dollar elegant wedding surrounded by fake family members that hate on you on the low but smile in your face. did I ever show you pictures of Jakob and Mia's wedding, it was beautiful and only about thirty or so people were there"

"baby I'm just trying to give you the wedding of your dreams, is that so wrong?"

"but it's not the wedding of my dreams, it's the wedding of your parents dreams. look I don't want to seem ungrateful and shit, I really appreciate what you're doing but it's unneeded. I would rather you spend the money on a perfect honeymoon in Aruba or Dubai which will last a week, use that money towards the house and shit, not on a wedding that's gonna last one night and cause us to stress out. whether a court house or a dream wedding the same goal is being achieved"

"Malachi I—"

"Dee I gotta go pick Jakob up at the airport, we'll talk about this later. don't worry about Storm, I'll get her from class" I cut him off

I didn't wait for him to respond before running upstairs to change out of my scrubs. Working with Noah has been cool, he flirts with me occasionally but in a joking way. Regardless he's not getting me so he needa worry about his lil fiancé while I try and repair things with mine.

I quickly changed then left the house without saying bye to him. I'm not mad at him I just don't want to speak on this subject right now. I already got to much on my mind right now, marriage is the last thing I'm worried about.