Chapter 38

•Orlando, FL | July 2nd, 2023 | 02:01pm•

"hello" I answered

"Malachi?...yo he answered" She said to someone in the background

The line went silent until I heard a voice that lifted my spirit up.

"Hey baby I'm here" He said

"h-h-how? how are you there?" I asked assuming here was back home since he's with his sister

"what you mean how, by plane" He chuckled

"the plane crashed, everyone died...how"

I blinked a couple of times then pinched myself to make sure this is real. Apparently I speak to the dead now, first with Nyah, I don't want a repeat of that. I clicked the FaceTime button and he answered right away.

"baby why you crying?" He asked

It was him, it really was.

"the plane crashed" I said

"what plane?"

"the one you were on, it crashed. how'd you make it?"

I'm happy he's alive but just confused. That was his flight, I remember exactly because when he bought the ticket I was right next to him. I had the flight number memorized just incase.

"oh I didn't take that plane anymore. since you slowed me down and shit I was late. so I had them get me a private jet since I couldn't wait till the next flight. I even left my phone in a rush. what's this talk about planes crashing?"

Once he said that I felt so relieved. I guess all my nagging and shit helped.

"the plane you were supposed to take crashed into the airport, killed three hundred people and only four survived. I thought I lost you"

"baby you ain't ever gonna lose me, I been told you this" He said with a smile

"I'm gonna...I'm gonna leave y'all alone" Vontez said turning around to leave

He didn't look happy to see Deivys which confused me because two minutes ago he was talking about Deivys is family and Deivys isn't dead but now he looks like he wished he was dead.

"V thanks bro...I was about to give up on life right now"

"no problem" He whispered before walking out the door

Evontez

I walked out of his room and pulled out my phone. I dialed her number and let it ring until she finally picked up.

"congratulations, he's all yours now" She said excitedly

"it didn't work stupid bitch, he's still alive" I whispered