Chapter 19

•New York | March 13th, 2023 | 06:18am•

I woke up to the feeling of soft lips on mine. I didn't even have to open my eyes to know that they belonged to Deivys.

"mmm, goodmorning" I said while opening my eyes with a smile on my face

"shit, I didn't mean to wake you"

"it's aight, what time is it?" I asked

He turned to look over at the alarm clock before said that it was 6:19.

"I gotta go get Storm ready for school anyways" I said about to get out of bed but he stopped me

"nah sleep, I'm going to work anyways I'll drop her off"

"you sure?"

"yeah baby, relax" He said giving me another kiss before getting out of bed

I smiled then rested my head back on the pillow, closing my eyes and getting ready to sleep until the sound of crying killed my vibe.

I groaned and got out of bed to go find out what was wrong. I walked into his room which was right across mine and picked him up from his crib.

"hi Micaiah, what's wrong?" I asked as I rocked him in my arms

He was still crying so it wasn't that he missed me. I brought him over to the kitchen to warm up one of his bottles. He was kinda feeling warm though, unusually warm.

Once the bottle was heated I put it in his mouth to drink but he spit it right back out.

"what the fuck" I whispered

Micaiah is a fat baby, even though he doesn't appear to be. He doesn't cry much for food but he never turns down a bottle even if he's not hungry.

"what's wrong?" Deivys asked while walking into the kitchen dressed up in his shirt and tie

"he's not hungry, his diaper isn't dirty and he's a little warm. I don't understand why he's crying" I said trying to feed him again but he spit it right back out

"where the thermometer?" He asked

"um in the second cabinet, the one with the formulas"

While he went to look for the thermometer I started to undress Micaiah until he was only in his diaper. That seemed to calm him down a bit but he was still whining.

"lay him down on his stomach" He said while cleaning the tip of the thermometer with an alcohol wipe

I did what he said then let him take over. While he was doing that I made some cereal for Storm to eat. She was just watching as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

"daddy what's wrong with the baby?" She asked while tugging on my boxers for attention

She could never pronounce his name so she just calls him 'the baby'. Neither could she pronounce Deivys name so she calls him Dee like me.