Chapter 22

•Oklahoma | March 26th, 2023 | 11:03am•

"Mia was not only my best friend, she was more than that. She was my sister, the person I could count on most whenever I was going through a hard time. She helped me discover who I truly am. Without her in my life I don't know what I would've done.

"As most of you know Mia and I have known each other since birth, literally. A couple of months after I was born it was time for my mother to go back to work so she obviously needed a babysitter, and since my sister Shay was only four years old at the time she was no help. Lucky for her the neighbors had just welcomed a baby girl a couple of months before me and they had a teenage son who was willing to babysit me as well as his sister.

"I guess you can say that's when our friendship began. We weren't always friends though, more like frenemies. As we grew up we would always compete with each other but at the end of the day we loved each other like family. When we were around eight years old that's when the bond grew even stronger. We were inseparable. I really feel bad for our parents now thinking about it because we would never do anything without the other so our parents had to collaborate on everything such as what schools we'd go to, family vacations, even small things like what we'd eat for dinner. If she had spaghetti I wanted spaghetti, if I had macaroni and cheese she wanted macaroni and cheese.

"When senior year came around and my parents decided it was time I got out of our rotting neighborhood we begged our parents for Mia to come with us. After a month of behaving and doing chores we normally wouldn't do, and creating lists of reasons she should come along our parents finally agreed.

"I guess my point in all of this is that Mia and I have basically been attached by the hip for most...actually all of our lives. If anyone should of known there was something bothering her or going on in her life it should've been me. That's why it saddens me to know that I couldn't have helped her in her time of need, even when she showed so many signs.

"I won't let what happened be for nothing, I will make sure I learnt my lesson through her death for the sake of my children. Mia Thomson Perez may be gone, but she definitely will never be forgotten. Rest in peace best friend"

1 Week Earlier
•New York | March 20th, 2023 | 1:41pm•

"so Tina, why do you want to be a babysitter?" I read off the list of questions I had prepared

"I love children and my compassionate nature and friendly personality makes me get along with them in no time. I am able to keep children happy and this quality makes me happy too. I enjoy developing kids emotionally, socially and physically, which is the main reason why I want this job. It's fun to manage and grow-up children."