Finale

•Wedding Day | August 26th, 2023 | 8:34am•

"Dee? Dee you here?" I asked as I walked up the stairs

I just got home from the hospital, I ended up falling asleep beside Markus. I woke up at like 6am but it was too early so I decided to stick around.

I got upstairs to my room but it was empty. On the bed though was a suit bag, I'm guessing it's the one he gave August to hold. On it was a little note that read:

Hope you like it, I can't wait to see you in it when you walk down that aisle.

~ Your future husband ❤︎

I smiled and was about to open the bag when I heard a knock on the door. I turned around and was surprised to see Vontez standing there in his groomsmen suit and a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"congratulations" He said with a forced smile on

I dropped the bag and ran up to hug him. It's only been what 3 days yet it feels like forever. It always feels like that when I haven't talked to him in a while but this time it was different.

"I thought you wouldn't show" I whispered as I hugged him tighter

"I thought you wouldn't want me to"

"why wouldn't I, you're one of my best friends?"

"because I betrayed you. I put your children and yourself in danger and even though I warned you I still did those things. I can't even look at myself for raising a gun to Storm's head, I didn't think you want to see me ever again"

"but you didn't want to do those things, I understand you having to go along with the act in order to get you and all of us killed"

"that's where you're wrong though, I wanted that to happen. I desperately wanted to watch you and your family to pay for what your father did to mine. It was you who changed that though. Getting to know you, forming a bond with you, with your daughter, and even your son who gets on my nerves at times, that's what made me reconsider what we were doing to you. I could've stopped her earlier, but I was too scared she would kill me" He explained

"V it's all good, we're all safe and fine. you did what you needed to to survive, I understand. if she really has taken over for Dre then I know how powerful she is and I know she could've had you killed in seconds"

"but you're not all safe and fine, Markus is dying"

"but that's not on you, she had plans for Markus because she thinks he killed her brother. that has nothing to so with you. her and her friends are locked up now so we don't have to worry about them"