Chapter 25

•New York | March 24th, 2023 | 02:02am•

Deivys

"damn bae, this some good ass" I moaned as I gripped onto his hips tighter

"yeah" He said looking the least bit interested, well more like his mind was on something else

"what's wrong?" I asked while pulling out and laying next to him

"just thinking"

"about?"

"Micaiah" He sighed

"I'm over here giving you them deep strokes and you thinking about another nigga, you rude as shit" I joked

"nows not the time, I'm worried as fuck" He said turning to look at me

"well we picking him up later. just try to keep your mind off it till then"

"how? other than you that lil nigga on my mind every second of the day. he the love of my life, I can't believe he's having to go through this shit at such a young age. I've always wanted a son, and now that I get one he about to die?"

"he's not gon die. come, let's go take a bath" I said while getting out of bed

He sighed then slowly got out following me towards the bathroom. He sat up on the sink counter while I ran the bath.

Watching him go through this is such a drain. Malachi is such a good guy yet it seems like everything bad is thrown his way. Just when he thought he was about to escape hospital bills after Nyah died, now his son is in the hospital. Luckily it won't cost as much and insurance will still pay for some of it but it's still a lot of money. I would offer to help but knowing him he won't let me, he's still in his independent state. I know the kid is not biologically mine but he's like a son to me, from the moment he was born, there's nothing I wouldn't do for him.

"come here" I said while lifting him up and placing him in the water

I got in behind him causing him to sit on my lap and lean back onto my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and put my head in the crook of his neck. This feels amazing.

"I'm sorry" I heard him whisper

"for what?"

"this week I've been mad sad and killing the mood and all you've done is try your best to lift my spirit up, but I'm just causing you to be sad and shit"

"Malachi your best friend—scratch that—your sister died then one day later you find out your son has a rare condition that could, but won't, kill him. You're justified to be like this. I'm just glad you didn't shut down like when Nyah died, you're actually letting me in this time"

"because now I realize that it won't make me feel any better to push you away and avoid my dad responsibilities. I'm happy you stayed by my side through all this, I could've gotten over it alone but you being there made it a better process."