Chapter Two- Bonfire Pt. 2

Brantleys Pov
    "Guys, I ain't sure about this." I say quietly.
    "It's alright B! A few other guys you know are here. Now, go have a few beers and enjoy yourself." Justin said cupping my shoulder in his hand.
     "Alright." I fake smile.
1 1/2 hours later 
   I'm enjoying myself and walking around talking to Thomas and Luke, thinking maybe I'll be alright. Then, I see a gorgeous girl. She has brown wavy hair, perfect tan skin, blue eyes, and pearly whites.
    "EARTH TO B!" Thomas laughed snapping a finger in my face.
    "I'm sorry, what?" I said not taking my eyes off her.
   "What are you?" Luke asks before noticing the pretty girl I'm staring at. "WOAH! Man, she's hot! Wander if she's got a boyfriend." Luke awhed.
    "Luke! You're with Caroline! What's it matter to you if she's got a boyfriend?" Thomas says.
     "Not for me, for BG!" He says slapping Thomas upside the head.
     "Oww! Buttface!" Thomas whined as he pouted like a four year old. I chuckle at him and turn my attention back to the hot girl.
      "Bro, go talk to her." Luke says.
      "What? No! You know I can't because my condition." I mumbled.
     "Alright." He sighed. We went walking around for a bit. I ended up talking to the guys right  behind the hot girl. I over heard her and her friends conversation.
    "Braelynn, will you record us jumping in the pond?" One girl said. Braelynn must be her name.
    "Sure, Steph." She said with a southern twang. She took out a phone and recorded as they jumped in the pond.
    "Brae, want a big hug?" They yelled running towards her.
    "No!" She shrieked as she ran. She ran from her friends and straight into my chest.
     "Hey, you alright?" I asked.
     "Yea, I'm sorry I ran into you."
     "It's no problem."
      "Alright, I'll see you around and thanks for not being rude about it."
      "No problem, I'll see you around." Oh no! I'm feeling my protective side coming on.
     35 minutes later
    "BACK OFF!" Braelynn yelled. I looked over and saw a drunk dude hitting on her.
    "Come on, babe. Let's go to my place and have some fun." The man slurred. The more he flirted, the madder I got. Finally, I had all I could take. I stomped over to him and stepped in front of her, careful to not step on her bare feet.
   "Listen, the girl told you to leave her alone now back off!" I growled fisting his shirt in my big, callused hand. His eyes went wide as he scrambled away.
   "Thank you...." She paused not knowing my name.
   "Brantley." I said.
    "Nice to meet you, I'm Braelynn." She was tearing up and breathing heavily.
   "Are you alright?" I asked.
   "Anxiety attack." She gasped. "Can you grab my inhaler out of my bag?" I nodded and pulled it out of her purse. I picked her up and sat her down on my lap on my tailgate. I put the tip of the inhaler in her mouth.
    "1...2...3...breath." I instructed. "Again. 1...2...3...breath." She did and I pulled it out of her mouth.
    "Thanks, Brantley." She gasps still catching her breath.
    "Will you be alright to be alone tonight?" I ask hoping she'd say no.
   "I don't think so."
    " I know we just met but, you can, no I insist you sleep over at my house tonight!"
   "Are you sure?"
    "100 %"
    "Alright!"
20 minutes later 
   We pulled into my drive and went inside. I showed her to the room we were sleeping in and gave her one of my old shirts for her to sleep in. She took off her jeans and put on my shirt. She pulled her hair into a bun and removed her makeup. We crawled into bed.
     "Goodnight Brae." I whisper to the girl smuggled into my chest.
      "Goodnight Brantley." She yawned. "And good night Sylo." She giggled petting the pup laying by her as we drifted off to sleep.

This is what Braelynn looks like.