Chapter 7- Jail Time Pt. 3

Brantleys Pov
      I saw the bullet hurtling towards me, I was frozen in fear to be honest.
      "BRANTLEY MOVE!" Brae yelled.  I couldn't because I was so scared so when the boy got about 2 feet from me braelynn jumped on me, pushing me out of the way and, making us both tumble off my concrete porch about 4 feet into the grass. Cibola hurtle through my open front door and through my open back door.
     "I've got another bullet!" He laughed cocking it.
    "Kalub, stop!"
     "Why?"
     "Because," she sighed, "if you don't hurt BG, I'll go home with you."
    "Brae, no." I whispered.
     "Brantley, please. I have to." She cried.
    "Alright, let's go." Kalub smiled holding out one hand and the other being occupied by his pistol. She took the first step as the police and ambulance arrived. I grabbed your hand and pulled her back into my chest, tucking her under my arm.
    "Put the gun down! You're under arrest!" One policeman yelled pointing his 9mm at Kalub.
     "I won't go to jail!" Kalub yelled pointing his gun to his head.
    "Don't do it! Calm dow-" He was interrupted by Kalub pulling the trigger, making blood spew everywhere.
    "Oh my God!" Braelynn gasped as she tucked herself under my arm more.
10 minutes later
  After explaining exactly what happened to the place, as braelynn rested on the couch inside, the requested to see her. Keith went inside yo get her. When the officer saw her he looked shocked and depressed.
    "Braelynn?" He whispered.
    "Uncle Dillon?" She sniffled.
    "Baby girl, are you alright? Come here." He said hugging her.
    "I'm okay, uncle Dillon."
    "I'm soooooo lost." I say stretching out to so.
    "Brantley, this is my uncle Dillon and uncle Dillon this is my..." She paused." Friend, Brantley." Ouch, that hurt. I love her but I guess she doesn't feel the same way.
    Braelynns Pov
   I hated to call Brantley just a friend but he didn't show any hatred towards me calling him that so, I guess he don't feel the same way.
    Brantleys Pov
10 minutes later
   I was chatting with Braelynn while officer Dillon called his chief.
     "Gilbert!" He called, "Listen, I did something that could get me fired. I lied and said Kalub came onto you with a weapon and you hurt him as self defense so you'll only be in jail a week."
     "Thanks, can I tell someone something first?"
      "Sure, you've got 5 minutes." He smiled.
        "Keith! Come here!" I yelled, "Brae, go get your bag!" She left as he appeared.
     "Yea, BG?"
     "Can Brae stay with you until I'm out? Shes most comfortable with you and after everything she saw tonight, I don't think she should be alone."
   "Yea, of course." He smiled as Brae came out.
   "BraeBrae, you're gonna sleep at Keith's until I'm out then, you're staying with me, okay?"
    "But, I only have clothes for tonight." She said.
     "We can stop by your house and get your clothes, alright?" Keith asked putting an arm around her waist.
     "Okay, see you in a week, BG." She hugged me before taking Keith's hand and walking to his truck.
    'To jail for a week... again' I thought as I walked to the car.