Chapter 7

Dimirti's POV:

*knock knock*

"Come in" Joey came in quietly as he stood upright by the door.

"Master. Dinner has just arrived. Would you like me to bring it up or-"

"I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Yes Master." Nodding his head, he exited quickly while closing my door gently behind him.

*ringggg ringggg*

"Yes mum?"

"Is that how you greet your mother? No hi? Hello? How are you? Is everything alright? I believe that I thought you better than this." She snapped sassily. I can picture her staring at the phone in distaste.

"Alright alright. How are you?"

"I'm fine. Thank you." She replied sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"So why did you call?"

"Your father wanted to see you so we will be coming down this Saturday. He's also looking forward to try the food prepared by your 'beloved' chef."

"He's not my 'beloved' chef. He's a chef which cooks food that taste like heaven." He's not my beloved chef. He's my future beloved husband.

"Fine fine, whatever. Invite him over to the main house on that day. Your dad wants to thank him for feeding you."

"Sure. Anything else?" I grumbled tiredly as I entered the dining hall to see Joey placing my meal on the table skillfully while holding a loaded tray with one hand.

"Nope! Bye Mr Grumpy. We'll see you on Saturday!" I'm not grumpy...since when am I?

This plan is ideal. I can invite him over to learn more about him and he can't deny the invitation as it's requested by his employer. Thanks mum.

"What's for today?"

"Ground chicken lasagna with salad for the side and tiramisu cake for dessert." Sounds delicious and smells amazing.