Chapter 20

Dimitri's POV:

"Me? I didn't do anything. He is just too tired after fucking me." The bastard says with a smirk on his face. Can I just slap him across and wipe the smile off his face for lying and being a sore eye? Slapping is not an offence right? Ray is a light sleeper. Throughout the whole time he stayed with me, he wakes up everytime I opened the door or start the shower.

"Don't lie to me! Tell me, what did you do to him?!"

"Hmm...I wonder..." Knowing that he wouldn't answer me at all, I lifted Ray bridal style and brought him out of the room. He didn't even move a muscle. He just remained limp in my arms.

"Where do you think you're taking him to?!" He shouted from behind.

"Away from you!"

"Put him down!" Like I would listen to you. He raced forward and tried pulling Ray out of my arms but I pushed him away even before he can touch Ray.

"Don't you ever think of touching Ray again!" I would never let him touch my Ray ever again.

"How are you going to stop me then?" He said snarkily. That's it. I have a more important thing to do now and it does not include dealing with his bullshit.

Slamming the door in his face, I threw my coat around Ray's body before carrying him to my house. Thank goodness this is my own private property. I'll be damned if someone else sees Ray like this.

Setting Ray down on my bed gently, I called for my private doctor to come to my place asap before putting a sweatpants on for him. I hope he's okay. I'll sue that bastard if anything happens to my beloved.

*ding dong*

Rushing downstairs, I opened the door to find Mr Lawson there. Inviting him upstairs, I opened the door to reveal Ray to him.

"What happened to him?"

"I have no idea. He was like that when I found him. Can you find out what happened to him?"

"Sure. Give me 30 minutes. I just have to draw some blood."

"Just do whatever you need please."

"Will do." Sitting by the bed, he took out a syringe and drawed out some blood from Ray's arm before putting in some weird looking machine.

"Do you want some coffee or tea?"

"Black coffee please. Thank you."

Walking downstairs, I spotted Joey entering the house with grocery bags in his hands and a confused look on his face. "Do we have visitors?"

"Mr Lawson is here. So is Ray."

"Ray? What happened to him?" He asked worriedly as anxiety flashed in his eyes.

"The bastard happened."

"Which bastard?"

"Chris." I spat his named out like it's acid on my tongue.

"Chris? What did he do?"

"I don't know for now. Can you make black coffee for Mr Lawson? I want to check on Ray." The image of Ray lying lifelessly scares the crap out of me. I really didn't want to leave his side.

"Sure. Anything for you Master?"

"A cup of latte then. Thanks."

"No problem master." Walking back to my room, I sat by Ray's side as I held his hand in mine.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Mr Lawson asks curiously.

"Yeah." He's been my family's doctor ever before I was born so he's sort of like a second father to me.

"No wonder. It's the first time I've ever seen you so worried over someone." That's true. I never bothered about anyone else except for my parents and Ryan, who is my Ray now.

"You must love him a lot. I can see it in your eyes. Your eyes are shining with love and filled with fear for him."

"I do. I do love him a lot. I still remember proposing to him when we were much younger and now I want to make it come true."

"He's really special huh."

"He is. I don't think I can live without him. He's my everything." Ever since I first met him in the orphanage, I had fell in love with him. I felt comfortable with him and I had this urge to protect him with my life.

I even remembered asking my dad for a gun at 9 so as to protect him from the bad guys. Imagine how wide my dad's eyes grew back then. It was larger than the size of ping pong balls.

*beep beep...beep beep...*

At the beeping sound, Mr Lawson turned away to check the results. His face changed into one of surprised as he stared at me.

"Did you know that whatever he took or was given to him was illegal? This sort of drug is normally used for kidnapping as it can knock one out for more than a day." Shaking my head at the new information, he dug his bag open and took out a syringe with blue liquid.

"Will there be any side effects?"

"It may cause headaches or fatigue, depending on the patient. I'll give him this shot to help stop the effect and help him regain consciousness in a shorter time."

"Thanks doc." Giving him the shot, he passed me a small zip lock bag with two pills.

"Painkillers. If he wakes up with a pounding headache, give this to him. It can help him greatly."

"Thanks doc. I really appreciate your help."

"No problem kiddo. I'm glad I can help." Walking him downstairs, I asked Joey to pour his coffee in a takeaway cup as he is rushing off to meet his wife in the city.

That bastard should count himself lucky. If anything happened to Ray, he can he can get ready his own coffin as I won't be that nice to even buy him one.