Chapter 8

Joyce's POV:

"Welcome Master Knight and Madam Knight. Young Master is currently on his way back from work and his chef has just arrived with his dishes." Joey greeted me and Ryan, my husband, professionally as he held the door open for us to enter.

"Thank you Joey. I hope Dimitri hasn't been too hard on you." He laughed softly while shaking his head.

"He's been treating me well Madam."

"That's great. I'm worried that he'll be hard to serve. I'm proud of you, so are your parents." His eyes teared up a little at the mention of his parents but he just wiped it away quickly.

"Thank you Madam. Here, this way please. The chef must have set up the dishes already."

"Hey, Joey?"

"Yes Master?"

"Would you like to come back with us tonight to meet your parents and maybe stay over for the week?" Ryan suggested without hesitation. He must have caught sight of his unshed tears.

"M-May I-I, Master? But how about Young Master?" Tears welled up in his eyes again as he looked hopefully at Ryan.

"Yes you may, Joey. Dimitri can take care of himself for a week. He has a chef which he 'loves' so much, so it should be enough for him."

"Thank you. Thank you Master." He bowed repeatedly in joy before continuing to lead us to the dining hall.

"In here, Master and Madam." Opening the doors, I caught sight of Ray carefully setting up the table as he arranged the plates neatly.

"Hello Ray."

"Oh! Hi Joyce. Nice to see you again. "

"Same here. This is my husband, Ryan. Ryan, this is Ray. The chef I chose for Dim and the one he favourites a lot."

"Nice to meet you Ray."

"Nice to meet you too, Sir-"

"Call me Ryan."

"I've made Japanese. I hope it's fine with you two?"

"We love Japanese food. Now I can't wait to try the food that you've made. Our son keeps complimenting your cooking and sending us pictures of it. They all look wonderful. I wanted to take you away from him and make you our chef but he'll most probably hunt us down." It's true. I'm not kidding.

"Haha. Thanks Ryan and Joyce. I hope you'll enjoy today's meal." He chuckled modestly before showing us our seats.

"Joey, you should go and pack now if you want to go with us. Ray can handle it from here." Joey looked at Ray hesitantly before rushing off when he gave him a firm nod.

"For the main, it will be katsudon and onion soup.