Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Aiden had all but leapt from the cart just as soon as they'd ridden onto the outskirts of town. He remembered where the tailors shop was from the day before when he'd explored the streets and he managed to make it there without seeing anyone he knew; an easy feat since he only knew three or four people here in town.

Once at the shop he went to the back corner of the store, hid behind a bright silver dress that seemed fitting for the queen of England's wardrobe and wished the ground would simply open up and swallow him whole so he would never again have to look at Nick.

What had he been thinking!? Of course it wasn't his fault that his hand had landed on Nick's lap but it most certainly was his fault that he hadn't pulled it away instantly and it was also his fault that he had—oh dear mother of pearl--he had rubbed the man's arousal.

Aiden bit his lip and tilted his head. His rather impressive arousal... but wait one moment! Why had Nick been aroused? Aiden's hand had landed on his lap and instantly Nick Junior, (little Nick wouldn't be the proper term because there hadn't been anything little about it), had sprung to attention.

Aiden flushed bright red and slumped down even smaller behind the overdone dress with far too much poof, lace and satin. Was Nick like him? Could that be the answer? Did Aiden dare to hope? Not that Aiden had any interest in taking Nick as a lover (or any other man for that matter—that could prove to be deadly if folks found out), but it would be awfully nice to know at least one other person who suffered from the same disease as he did.

But then again Nick certainly hadn't seemed happy when he'd flared his nostrils and bellowed loud enough to scare the birds out a nearby tree.... How in the hell was Aiden supposed to face him in order to get a ride back to the ranch? Maybe he'd just walk—how long could it take? Three or four hours? That didn't seem so bad when put up against the alternative.

"I don't think they have that dress in your size," a female voice full of amusement spoke from the other side of the horrid, silver contraption. "And silver really doesn't seem like your color. I think you're more of a green or gray."

Aiden swallowed hard, tried hard to make his face look as unemotional as possible and stood up straight, popping out from behind the dress quickly. He recognized the woman who had been with Wendell the day before—his 'not-fiancee-who-had-once-been-Ryder's-fake-fiancee'. This town had some strange people for sure.

"Hi," Aiden threw his hand up in a wave and then called himself a socially inept idiot a million times in his head.

The woman laughed lightly, rolled her eyes and waved back at him, "Hello."

"I'm Aiden."

"I know," she replied, "I'm Kaitlyn. I didn't mean to bother you and interrupt your um.... shopping, but I was looking for Wendell."

"He's at the ranch," Aiden replied quickly and he saw her face fall as she picked at the lace on the silver dress.

"I suppose I'll just have to talk to him later then," she crossed her arms under her impressive breasts (just because Aiden was attracted to men didn't mean he didn't notice when a woman looked good), "Are you back in town for good or did the Atkinson's hire you on."

"They hired me," Aiden shrugged. "I'm not real sure why."

"Because you needed a job and Susie said so. She's part owner of that ranch, you know."

"No, I didn't know that," Aiden admitted.

Kaitlyn's eyes sparkled teasingly as she smiled and tilted her head toward the silver monstrosity. "So are you dress shopping for yourself or someone else?"