Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Aiden woke up to the sound of birds beginning to sing quietly. He glanced out the window and saw that the sky was just beginning to grow lighter though the sun had yet to pop over the horizon.

Yesterday had been a long and stressful day. It had been filled with fear, hope, death—highs and lows that had caused him to feel as if he were in a ship on a raging sea. But finally a new day was dawning. There were no men coming to kill him, he and Nick were no longer going to be forced to hide what they meant to one another—at least not at the ranch, and it seemed as if life was going to be better...

That was if the women and the men still approved of them this morning. Maybe yesterday had been a fluke... Maybe the women would want them gone or the men would have decided they really didn't want two men like Aiden and Nick staying around them. Maybe everyone would treat them differently or keep their distance as if afraid to catch their disease. Maybe.....

"You keep thinking that hard about things and your brain is gonna start smoking."

Aiden felt a smile curve his cheeks as he raised his head from Nick's chest and looked up to see those storm gray eyes full of amusement as they gazed down at him, "I'm worried about what's going to happen when we leave this room. Can we just stay in here forever?"

"I don't know about forever—" Nick admitted, "—but I reckon we have a few more minutes at least."

Aiden lay his head back down on Nick's chest. With his body pressed close to Nick's this way Aiden felt desire fill him. Nick was tall, broad, hard and masculine. He still had that familiar scent of horses and hay clinging to his clothes and his chest rose and fell slowly with his steady breathing. Aiden wanted to know what their skin would feel like when it touched...he wanted to know what every inch of Nick felt and tasted like. Would it be just as tantalizing as the man's kisses?

Those thoughts were causing Aiden's trousers to tighten and his heart to race as he lay there against Nick. Aiden could feel his face reddening as he rested his hand against Nick's chest and then ever so slowly began to move it lower.

Inch by painstakingly careful inch, Aiden let his hand drop. His fingertips danced over the shirt covering Nick's hard stomach and then brushed the waistband of his trousers.

Aiden could hear the way Nick's heart was racing beneath his ear and Nick's breaths had become a bit harsher. Aiden was completely out of his element. He had never been with a man this way. Nick had even been his first true kiss, though Aiden was in no hurry to tell him that! How did one go about seducing someone....?

Aiden glanced down, at some point in the night they had kicked off the blanket and he could see the bulge growing in Nick's trousers. Aiden could still remember what that bulge had felt like beneath his hand that day in the wagon and though his fingers were shaking, he was eager to feel it once again.

Swallowing hard and moving quickly before his nerves could get the better of him, Aiden lowered his hand and gripped Nick's impressive arousal through the front of his trousers.

Nick let out a hiss of breath and then Aiden nearly cried out with shock when he was flipped onto his back and Nick was suddenly hovering above him. Their eyes met and locked for a split second before Nick swooped down and devoured Aiden's mouth with a hungry passion that stole his breath.

Nick's mouth left Aiden's and began burning paths along his neck, "When you touched me in the wagon that day I nearly took you right there," he growled against Aiden's ear.

Aiden felt a jolt of lust like he had never felt before in his life pass through him. He began to claw at the buttons on Nick's shirt, desperate to feel his skin beneath his palms. It took only seconds before the buttons were undone and Nick was shrugging from the shirt, without ever taking his hungry mouth from Aiden's neck.