Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

Aiden swallowed hard as he stood in the mirror in the ranch house bedroom and looked himself up and down. Ellie had surprised him with a new three piece tailored suit and waistcoat that she had made herself—and it looked nice. He wondered what Nick would think.

He ran his hand through his thick dark hair and smiled a shaky smile.

He was nervous.

Petrified.

He still couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen. He had no idea what was going to happen but... something.

A knock at the closed door pulled Aiden from his thoughts of dread and he stepped away from the mirror, "Come in."

Elizabeth entered and she smiled brightly at him, "You look real handsome, Aiden."

"And scared to death," Brody added as he too strode into the room, "You worried the uh.. groom might get cold feet?"

"He's not is he?!" Aiden demanded. Honestly he hadn't given that any bit of thought but now.... damn!

Brody laughed and Elizabeth smacked his chest with the back of her hand as she rolled her eyes, "No, he's not getting cold feet. He's wandering around outside, mingling with the crowd and hoping you show up."

Aiden breathed a sigh of relief and nodded as his attention returned to the mirror, "I just can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen."

Brody's posture tightened with tension, "What?"

"I don't know," Aiden shrugged, "Who's performing the ceremony today?"

"George Bass is officiating for Wendell and Kaitlyn," Elizabeth informed him. She breezed across the room and grabbed his cravat from the bed. Aiden raised his chin as she wrapped it beneath his collar and began tying it with an ease that surprised him, "I use to do this for my father all the time before he passed away," she replied to his questioning gaze.

"So, he's officiating for them but not for me and Nick?" Aiden asked quietly.

"Don't worry about that," Brody stated with a raise of his brow, "You'll be took care of."

"Who...?"

"My friend LeRoy is gonna sign the paperwork since he's ordained to do so and Susie wants you to have as real a wedding as you can get but, uh, Ryder wants to have a part in it as well."

"Ryder?" Aiden questioned with dread.

The amusement on Brody's face caused his scar to stick out that much more sharply, "Yep. He's pretty excited about it too."

Aiden shook his head and smiled. Elizabeth's face brightened as she finished up the cravat and took a step back, "Now, Brody had something he wanted to talk to you about so I'm going to head on out. We have another hour or so before Wendell and Kaitlyn's ceremony starts and I have to run home and get the cinnamon cookies I baked. You and Nick will be getting married just as soon as Wendell and Kaitlyn are done saying 'I do'."

With that Elizabeth left the room and Brody shook his head as he watched her, "Stay away from anything that smells like, looks like, or generally resembles a cinnamon cookie today," he warned once Elizabeth was out of ear shot.

Aiden laughed lightly and fingered the perfectly done cravat that Elizabeth had tied around his neck, "She's good at this at least."

"Yep, too bad I'd be shot dead before I'd wear one of those."