8: Unexpected Alliances and Eager Awakenings

Once inside my tent I kicked over my bed, and once it had fallen I repeatedly kicked it until it fell to pieces, the logs I had used crumpling under the repeated force of my foot. I crumpled down to the floor, breathing heavily when I heard the tarp move, glancing up I saw Murphy walk in through the blurred vision. He stopped at the entrance and then slowly made his way towards me, sitting next to my crumpled body and reaching a hand out to place it on the top of my arm.

"Storm, what's going on?" he motioned to the state of my tent and I let out a quiet sob, murphy pulled me up onto his lap and began rubbing my back gently. My sobs came dry, and all I wanted to do was cry but I couldn't, slowly my sobbing stopped, and was replaced with coughs. Once the coughing stopped I looked up to see a pained look on his face, "tell me, I'll keep a secret" I laughed and shook my head.

"I hate it, I hate killing people, I hate hurting Tavy. I hate having to be around him" I nod towards the exit, meaning Bellamy, to which Murphy nods gently. "After everything he caused, I thought I'd finally be free here" I shuffled off his lap and sat beside Murphy, his arm wrapping around my shoulders comfortingly.

"Hey, look here" he muttered, I looked up to see his green eyes staring back at me "if you don't want to be near Bellamy then don't. You and me will hang out, and that Jasper kid you like so much... he's got to wake up soon, he's stopped screaming anyway" I smiled and nodded. "And anyway, the people here respect you just as much, if not more than Bellamy, because they know you can help us survive and that you've got the skills. We need you and they know it" I smiled and he nodded. "better, you're smiling"

"Now, how about this, we go out there now, your head held high and go get food. We don't need to be around anyone else at all, we'll get food and we can even just sit with Jasper. No-one else needs to be within 20 feet of us, and when we've eaten we'll go back into the forest disobeying the 'kings' orders and collect more wood so we can remake your bed?" I nodded smiling slightly and taking a deep breath.

"Can we just stay here for a minute, I don't want to go out there and see either of them if I'm not prepared, Octavia will want to rip my head off, I'm not ready to lose her as a friend" murphy nodded and rubbed his thumb in circles around my shoulder. I leant my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes gently, breathing deeply.

Suddenly the tarp opens and Bellamy walks in "-ber, have you seen... oh. Found you. Did we lose anyone while we were out?" Bellamy asks, eyeing up Murphy and how his arm was wrapped around me.

"No" Murphy replied bluntly.

"Jasper?" Bellamy questioned, looking to me, knowing that Jasper would be the one I would have asked about.

"Still breathing, I tried to take him out but your psycho little sister..." Murphy started, angering both me and bellamy, who lunged towards the boy sitting beside me, he gripped his collar and pulled him close. "Bellamy" Murphy warned, looking to me.

"My what?" Bellamy asked, looking into Murphy's eyes. "My what?" he pushed, pulling Murphy closer.

"Your little sister" Murphy sighs, defeated. I look up at both boys. Bellamy looked down at me, finally noticing my tear stained cheeks.

"Yeah, that's right" he turned back to murphy "MY little sister, got anything else you want to say about her?" He questioned, to which Murphy just shook his head. "Good, out. I need to talk to Storm" Murphy looked to me and I nodded, he straightened out his shirt then gently patted my shoulder.

"I'll save you food" he called as he walked out. Bellamy looked at me with a raised eyebrow, I shrugged in return.

"This place is a mess?" he asked, I nodded. "you hate mess" he added.

"I was pissed off, would you rather I trashed my bed or your face?" I snapped, he looked down and ran a hand through his messy brown hair.

"She doesn't hate you, I explained it. O's upset but she knows about the fog. And to be careful out there" I nodded then turned away from him. "So... you and Murphy?" He asked, which drew a laugh from me. I turned back around with raised eyebrows.

"You really care about my relationships, do you? Well nothing is going on there. He heard me wrecking the place and came to find me in tears on the floor. He sat and talked to me until I was okay again, he told me that the camp knows I'm here to help, and that I hate you for a reason. He said that they listen and respect me, and that if I didn't want to be near you I could just hang out with him, and Jasper when he recovered" Bellamy looked at me, pained.

"But he didn't tell you he'd tried to kill Jasper, did he?" He argued and I shook my head.

"He didn't tell you Jasper was nearly fully recovered now" I fought back and Bellamy hung his head. "Face, it Bellamy. You fucked this up, up there. You're not bringing it to Earth too. I'm moving on, I'm making my own friends and who knows maybe one day me and Murphy, but it's nothing to do with you. Me and you only have a business relationship. And I'll tolerate you for Tavy. But other than that, my Bell is dead" I walked out of the tent and into the dropship to hear cheers and more. I ran towards the floor where Jasper was kept; seeing him sitting up and smiling to those around him. "Jasper!" I cheered and ran towards him, his face lighting up. "Thank goodness you're alive. I was going crazy. I need my diary around" I laughed and he nodded.

"I'm back, and I don't plan on leaving any time soon" He ruffled my hair and I smiled down to my best friend on Earth.