55: family means putting your arms around each other and being there

My son lay in my lap, along the dip in my thighs, his eyes shutting lightly as he fell into a tranquil state once more. I gently brushed my fingers along his curls, twisting some between my fingertips, and focusing on the small smile he had on his face. "I love you so much, you and your father" I mumbled, lifting Linc up to my chest, his head resting on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and pressed a kiss to the side of my son's head as I sat back down on my bed. "You will always be my reason, my reason to live, my reason to fight, and most importantly, my reason to Love" I whispered to him, my thumb tracing patterns along his back.

"Storm?" I heard the faint voice of Octavia call out as my door slid open. I looked up from my son to see her small smile and piercing green eyes. "Can I come in?" I nodded quickly, and she rushed in, sitting beside me, her head ducking to look at her nephew.

Octavia reached out, her fingers brushing long my son's fingertips, her smile widening. "I cant believe that Bellamy had a baby this handsome... I know it was with you, but my big brother had a gorgeous little boy" She chuckled, looking up to me.

I laughed, looking to the boy in my arms and the woman beside him. "That's all your big brother there Tavy, he's just stuck with my nose" I chuckled, nudging her with my elbow. "Bell is a good looking guy, he's just a bit of an idiot too" I smirked, making Octavia roll her eyes and chuckle.

"I only came to ask why my brother is searching the camp for your father? He seemed... scared" My eyes widened and Octavia nodded slightly, "He was frantic, and stumbled over his questions" She added, making me bite down onto my lip. "Does he know?" She edged, making me look to her with a laugh, and shaking my head.

"No, I think my dad is the last person he'd want to see too" I chuckled. "Do you think Lincoln would have gone to your dad after he got you pregnant and you had the baby? Theoretically of course" I added, making Octavia chuckle, and she shook her head.

Octavia cleared her throat before speaking again. "He was going to your father, and scared... When is Bellamy ever scared unless it's to do with you?" She clarified, making me hum. Octavia held out her arms expectantly, and I passed my son over without question. Octavia chuckled and nodded to the door. "Sort your mess out once and for all" She laughed, making me nod, I rushed out of the room, and for what felt like the hundredth time, I was running through the halls for Bellamy Blake.

My feet trod lightly on the metal, sure not to draw attention. Just because he was frantic didn't mean he knew about Linc, he's just lost his ex-girlfriend, he's racked up with guilt. I just needed to know how to help, whatever it was. I could hear the familiar tones of my father coming from the council hall, so I stopped at the nearest vent, pulling off the cover to climb inside. My mind had all the passageways memorized from my childhood, so finding the vent that lead to the hall wasn't difficult. I peeked through the slots, to see there was still a meeting in place, and Bellamy stood in the corner of the room, arms crossed as he shifted his weight uncomfortably.

My eyes focused on Bellamy's face, the blank stare he had directed at the wall, but the confusion I could see hidden in his eyes. I took the time to really look at Bellamy, and how much he had changed sine the camp, and since the ark. His cheeks, though still slightly hollow, had filled out since the rest of the Ark came to earth. His hair had grown much longer, falling into his eyes, showing just how curly it truly was, something so prominent in our son. Stubble covered his cheeks and jaw, defining his jawline even more than usual. The bags under his eyes had faded slightly, though they were still present, probably because he hasn't slept since Gina.

My attention was grabbed when everyone in the room stood up, some making hasty exits, others staying to ask questions with my father. Bellamy became visibly more uncomfortable, shifting his weight more rapidly and biting into his lip, I frowned slightly. As more and more people left, Bellamy started to bite into his nails, and wipe his palms along his jeans. His eyes shut tightly, and he pinched at the bridge of his nose, letting out a sigh.