28: Foreign Body

After a while of lying in John's arms my stomach rumbled quietly, John chuckled and I looked up through my eyelashes.

"Hungry?" he asked and I nodded gently. "Lets go get something then, I'll even cook for you?" He smirked and I laughed, shaking my head.

"I don't really want to go out there tonight... not with everything that's happened..." he sighed and brushed his thumb across my cheek, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"You can't let Bellamy run your life love" he whispered and I shook my head.

"Not him, Jasper shouting out what he did... they're all going to be staring" I argued and John shook his head.

"You think anyone is going to make Storm Emmerson feel awkward and uncomfortable? No-one but Jas and Bellend will even be confident enough to bring it up" John teased and I smiled widely, sitting up and stretching out my tired limbs.

"Okay, but I will punch someone if they bring it up" I explained, John laughed and wrapped his arms around my shoulder, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Don't you worry love, I'll punch them before you can even realise what they said" We both laughed and I stood up, walking towards the door.

"John, what do we do when we walk out, hold hands? Not? Do we kiss in public?" He looked up to me and chuckled, pressing a kiss to my lips to shut me up.

"We act like John Murphy and Liberty Ember Emmerson, that's who we are. We do whatever we want, and we've got each other to support us" I nodded and smiled, both of us walking through the doors of the tent. I looked up to John and then to the fire pit where everyone seemed to have the same idea as us, dinner. We walked towards the group and I saw everyone look up to us and then back down to their food quickly. Jasper just smiled widely at me and moved along the log he was sat on. John pulled me towards the open seats, leaving a space for me to sit next to my only other true friend.

"So, Storm, anything interesting happen today?" One of the teenagers asked, emitting a small chuckle from everyone around, apart from the men either side of me. I looked around the group to see they had all joined in, except for one, who looked furious. I turned away and just looked down to the food John had placed in my lap, his hand finding the small of my back, even that small touch soothed the anger that was growing.

"I heard that there was a bang in a tent earlier... I hope you weren't hurt" another laughed.

"I'm sure John would be the one to get hurt" Someone added. I stood up and quickly punched him in the face before turning back to the group and glaring.

"if you must know, yes after my outburst earlier John and I went back to his tent, but no, we didn't have sex. I am still a virgin if you all must know. But I am also the most capable of murder with a boyfriend who would quite happily join me in killing a few of you cowards" John grabbed onto my hand, pulling me down beside him before wrapping his arm around me, his thumb tracing patterns on my shoulder and he leant to whisper in my ear.

"Maybe let's not threaten murder on our first official day as a couple... kind of brings down the atmosphere" he chuckled and I laughed lightly before turning to face him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before turning back to the group.

"Are we done now, or am I going to be interrupted during dinner again?" All the teenagers looked down to the food in their laps and began to eat in silence.

"So, you're officially together now?" Jasper asked, looking between us, I smiled and nodded. "I hoped you'd pick Murphy, he's nicer when you're around" I smiled and hugged Jasper quickly and then looked back to Murphy who for once had a truly proud smile on his face, no bitterness behind it.