44: Delusion, Deception and Denunciation

We all began to walk out, Jasper beside me, holding my hand tight in his. "We need to be strong together" he muttered, looking up at me with pained eyes.

"I'm here Jas, always will be" I looked over my shoulder to see 'Bellamy' and Marcus talking, both of which looked very distressed, and upset. "I miss him, every day" I muttered, turning back to Jasper who smiled weakly.

"Do you think he would have been there this time? A father?" Jasper whispered, I shook my head slightly.

"Honestly, I don't know. I doubt it, Bellamy was so strong, and I will always love him so much... but even now, he wasn't ready for that. I'm barely ready and I was when I was a kid" I muttered, Jasper nodded. "But he would have tried, I think he would want to be there and protect the child as much as any other person he has protected...but at the end of the day, what sane person would bring a child into this?" I asked looking around us.

"I guess you're right... but I know you're wrong about one thing" I raised an eyebrow and Jasper smiled weakly. "Bellamy would protect you and your child more than any one of us. Especially his child" Jasper whispered. I rolled my eyes and we turned around to face the group once again.

Octavia ran into the circle, hugging 'Bellamy' before asking both men. "Where's Cage?" My eyes widened and I watched as they both turned to me. Octavia turning to see me for the first time. "Storm?" She cried out, running towards me, Jasper reaching out to catch Tavy's shoulders.

"She's been in hospital all the time in mount weather, she only got out this morning, self discharge... so be gentle" he warned. Octavia nodded before hugging me gently. I kept away enough that she couldn't feel the bmp in my stomach.

"I thought you were both dead" she breathed, I smiled and pressed a hand to her shoulder.

"Can't get rid of me that easily Blake" she laughed and then frowned slightly.

"We need to find Cage" she whispered.

"I know, I'm going to kill him" I replied flatly, looking over to 'Bellamy' and Marcus, who both seemed to look concerned. "He tried to kill my dad, he was going to torture my people, he threatened the most important things to me. I will kill him" I explained and she nodded.

"Lincoln will be so happy you're alive" she adds, I smiled then nodded, my eyes focusing on the last person to have Cage. I stormed over to 'Bellamy' slapping his shoulder to gain his attention. He turned away from the conversation with my father and looked over me, distraught eyes scanning my face.

"Where is Cage?" I asked, punctuating each word.

"I- I was worried about you, he slipped away" he sighed, looking down.

"Okay, so you stopped paying attention to your task, and so a man who planned to kill all our people got away?" I yelled, everyone now looking to me. "Useless" I muttered before pulling the gun from his pants and turning round, storming off into Monty's chest.

"Where are you going Em?" he asked softly, I noticed everyone staring at us.

"to finish what no-one else will. Cage Wallace needs to die... and everyone here is too weak to do so" I muttered, stepping round him and walking off again. Soon I heard footsteps behind me but I stayed focussed. We walked out into the forest, hearing deep screams of pain in the distance. I set off running towards the sound, to find Lincoln looking down at Cage. "Lincoln, no!" I shouted, he looked up to me and smiled widely.

"You're alive?" he called.

"Lincoln, stop her" I heard someone shout from behind me. Lincoln raised an eyebrow then ran towards me, gripping my shoulders, he held me tight, his chest pressed against my back. I could finally see who was behind me Marcus, Octavia and Jasper running up. They all stopped and Lincoln looked down to me.