38: 50 days, and Missing Leaders

Days passed, I spent more time in the halls, eating and conversing with Dante. He remained cryptic about many things, but he asked more about me. I could see others watching me nervously. We sat eating this morning, I had my toast with jam grown in their own garden. Dante looking around the room, a proud smile on his face.

"Dante... walk with me?" I asked, the president looking to me quickly, a concerned look on his face. "I believe I may need to go to medical..." he nodded, standing up and linking his arm with mine, as we walked outside.

"Always wanting to be strong for your people" he smiled, "you are a great leader" We got into the lift and Dante pressed the button, I gripped tighter on his arm, my vision going blurry. "Are you okay Ember?" he asked, I nodded slowly before we walked into a room, there were a few doctors present already and Dante helped me onto the bed. "She requested that I bring her here. I don't know much else"

"The past few days I've been growing dizzy and feeling sick, something isn't right" They nodded and instantly began checking my heartrate and reaction time. One began to put a needle in my arm and I grabbed the bin besides, quickly emptying the little contents of my stomach into it. Everyone stared at me and Dante backed up, sitting on a chair in the corner. They took blood tests and brought food and water, keeping me well until results returned. The rest of the day passed with different doctors coming in and out of the room, checking on me, scanning my stomach and chest.

"Miss Blake?" I looked up to see a new doctor stood in the doorway, a clipboard in hand. "Your results came back" she smiled. "May we have some peace?" she asked and everyone left, the doctor walked up to me and looked down. "How are you feeling now?"

"My health keeps changing, I go from fine to awful at a moment's notice" She looked down, a smile on her face, taking my hand in hers.

"A common issue, with this" I raised an eyebrow. "do you know if he is alive?" she asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Bellamy? No-one found him. Dante keeps looking" I muttered, "everyone knows that"

"That explains why he matters so much" she smiled.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on, what has Bellamy got to do with this... has he made me ill?" She smiled innocently and placed her hand on my head, checking my temperature.

"You don't realise, do you? My dear, you're pregnant. And I know why you're getting ill. Something about you... it's different, the baby is growing rapidly. I took two scans only hours apart and the baby had developed how it would in days, we've narrowed it down to every two days within your body, the baby develops by 11 days. " My jaw dropped, tears in my eyes as my hand fell to my stomach.

"I'm... Bellamy isn't going to be here; his child will never meet him" I sobbed. "How long until it's born?" I asked, the doctor not answering directly.

"I will leave you to process, but you are free to go back whenever you wish. If your symptoms get worse come back, we will do everything we can to aid you miss Blake" the doctor walked out and tears fell down my face. I looked down to my stomach and my hand rested upon it. It was bigger, but not by much, anyone would think it was due to me finally eating enough.

"Ember?" I heard a soft voice ask, Jasper stood in the doorway. "Can I come in?" I nodded and he walked over to me, sitting on the bed beside me and taking my hand. "Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" I bit my lip and shook my head.

"I'm not okay, and I never will be" I sobbed, Jasper leant over and wrapped his arms around me. "11 days every other day that's... 50 days" I gulped and looked down.

"What's 50 days? Storm?" Jasper began to panic and I squeezed his hand. "Man, don't tell me you're dying..." I shook my head.

"What then?" he asked, I met his eyes and sighed.

"He'll be here in less than a week..." Jasper raised an eyebrow and I placed a hand on my stomach.

"you're... no. you can't be. Look at you, and you cannot be that close... you'd have been pregnant when you came down here... you were a virgin..." His eyes scanned my body and he looked around, needing someone to explain.

"They don't know how, or why. But the baby inside me... it grows 11 days for every other day I am pregnant Jas... Bellamy and I... the day we burned the grounders... it's the only time. It's his baby" I sobbed, Jasper pulled me into a hug and he rubbed my back gently. "Bellamy is dead and he will never know, I'm going to have his baby in 12 days... and he will never see it"

"You know he would have loved to be a father, and I will do all I can, for him and for you. That baby needs a father" Jasper took my hand in his and smiled weakly to me, I shook my head, tears falling quickly.

"I can't do it without him... I tried before and my baby died Jas, I need Bellamy" I sobbed, he sighed before looking out of the door.

"I guess it's not the best time to tell you Clarke's missing, is it?" He frowned, I looked up to him and laughed. "I thought so"

"She's probably in the library reading up on their medical intel" He shook his head and stood up.

"No, she's been gone a few days, Dante said I could look for her if I wanted, but it feels like a threat, if I leave I wont be allowed back" I shook my head.

"Dante wouldn't threaten you Jasper, he does care about us you know. He probably sees how worried you are, and with what's going on with me... he's a little distracted ensuring he has a sufficient medical team on call" Jasper nodded then sighed.

"I'm going to go see if anyone has any idea where she's gone, rest up Storm. I'll visit" he chuckled, sending me a wink. "And if it's a boy, Jasper is a fantastic middle name"

"Middle?" I asked and he nodded.

"Bellamy will live on in his son, or daughter, but don't call her Bellamy... maybe just Belle" he laughed and I nodded, taking his hand.

"You can't tell anyone, even Monty. I want to be normal for a few more days okay, before I start getting massive" He nods before walking out, I let my head fall back and let out a chuckle. Belle Blake. Bellamy Jasper Blake. I'm going to be a mum, to the right man's child for once.

"Ember?" I heard the familiar soft voice call out, I sat up and turned my head towards Dante who was flanked by two doctors. "I've been speaking with my personal consultants, they believe you can go back to normal daily habits if you would like, as you seem to have stabilized. You may stay here if you would prefer though"

Before Dante had even finished I was pulling the needles from my skin and swung my legs over the bed. I stood up and brushed off my gown.

"May I have my clothes?" I asked politely. They quickly scampered off and I smiled to Dante "Thank you so much, I don't think I would be able to cope on the ground" He nodded and the two doctors rushed back in with some clothes for me. All three left and I was given peace to get dressed.  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I've written a lot more but I wanted to hold back on the daily posting. Currently I have just finished writing Chapter 41, and have made a double chapter just for Blood Must Have Blood (Part 1). 

More to come soon, and I'm still thinking about a chapter from Bellamy's perspective, but I don't want to break my writing style if you guys don't want me to. 

Regards.