49: Fast Pace, Sleepy Face

Marcus knocked on my door, before walking in slowly. He smiled to the boy sleeping on my bed. "it's almost as if he's still growing as fast as he was inside of you" he noted, and I nodded. In a few hours he already seemed older, not months, but not born today.

"I hope not, because in 8 years he'd be 88 years old" I noted, watching as my dad's face fell, knowing what it would mean. He sat down on the bed beside me, taking my hand in his.

"I don't know what did this... but just be happy for this time" he sighed, I looked to the boy beside me and nodded. "Go talk to Bellamy sweetheart, I'll watch Lincoln. You two need to talk... about something, anything. You need to spend time with people other than Lincoln" he sighed, meeting my eyes. I looked down to my son and felt Marcus grab my hand. "Go, he will be fine. I'll get you if I really have no idea" we both laughed and I nodded.

"Fine, but not too long" dad nodded as I finally stood up, smoothing out my shirt and combing my fingers through my hair.

"Are you sure you're not in love with him?" he chuckled and I rolled my eyes. "He still loves you, more so now Lincoln has been born. You get that, right?" I chuckled and shook my head.

"Dad, don't be silly. Bellamy cares about his son, yeah. But me? I am just the mother... and when he finds out I kept this secret, all chances of forgiveness... that's gone" Dad shook his head and stood up, looking over to my still sleeping son, and he pulled me into his arms.

"Bellamy loves you, he'll be angry, but you've seen what happens when you're angry with each other. You stay mad for maybe a few days, but you're both weak for each other. You can't stay mad, he was angry for what, an hour and when he found out Lincoln was coming, he ran to your side. He would never leave you alone. Especially if he knows Lincoln is his" I sighed then stepped closer to the door.

"I hope not, but first... I need to see where I am with him, and where exactly we are going with all this. Because I don't want to destroy everything before knowing what it is" I mumbled, finally opening the door and walking out. I walked down the halls to where Bellamy now resided, in a room a few down. Since his old one was destroyed in the landing. I knocked lightly on the door and after a while the door crept open to reveal a dishevelled and tired looking Bellamy. His curls hung messily in all directions, the bags under his eyes seemed darker and larger than earlier.

"Lib, what are you doing here?" he asked croakily, moving out of the way so I could walk in. I watched as he shuffled to his bead, kicking a few things under, I chuckled lightly and he offered a crooked smile. "I was never as pristine as you" he commented, making me nod slightly.

"Dad's watching Linc, he told me to come see you, to socialise with someone other than my son" I laughed. "hours old and apparently I'm already spending too much time with him" Bellamy shook his head before coming his hair back with his fingers.

"Never, it's good you've found someone to love fully" he sat down on the bed and looked beside him, to the space. I jumped on quickly, crossing my legs to face him.

"Honestly, I know I needed a break. Linc has to be the easiest baby to look after, but it's already so lonely" I admitted, fiddling with my fingers

"You always have me, and you can bring him along. I love the kid" I nodded and he reached out to tuck my hair behind my ear. "You already look so much better than you did yesterday"

"His rate of growth was too fast for my body, the people at mount weather worried it would kill me, he needed so much nutrition" Bellamy nodded, understandingly.

"Did they ever find out why?" he asked softly, I shook my head and sighed.

"No, they thought it might be a part of our evolution. I explained that it was the first I'd heard of, so they did tests... but no result explained it" He nodded and took my hand in his softly. "anyway, enough about that... it just depresses me. Why do you look such a mess?" I asked quickly, changing the subject so Bellamy wouldn't press about how fast it happened.