23: Two Sides of The Same Coin

Bellamy and I laid by the back for a while, just relaxing and enjoying each other's prescience, by the time we had started walking back the sun had begun to set, we must have been talking and relaxing by the water for hours, we got back to the camp to see everyone drinking around the fire and playing various games to celebrate Unity Day, I looked to Bellamy and we both smiled knowing it was the 12th anniversary of us meeting for the first time. Everyone looked to us as we walked back into the camp.

"What the hell, the King and the Assassin walking side by side, and smiling?" Miller jibed and I laughed, Bellamy wrapped an arm around my shoulders giving one a squeeze before walking off to his followers. I turned to head over to Jasper, who seemed to have a crowd around him, I laughed when I realised why, he was handing out moonshine like it was water from a tap. I stifled my laughed and Jasper looked up to see me, his smile widens and he passes me a glass. I shake my head lightly then sit down beside him to enjoy the laughter and joy of the camp. Everything seemed to change so suddenly, from arguing and violence to joy and laugher in the span of a few hours, much like how things changed between Bellamy and me.

I looked around to see him laughing and pushing the shoulder of one of the guys around him, soon one of them pointed to me before saying something and the laughter all stopped. Bellamy looked to me then back to the friend before walking off, I could see his anger from here. I stood up and sighed, following where he gone, I watched as Bellamy walked around the dropship out back and then began to pick up things and throw them around, his noise drowned out by the joyous teenagers. I watched as he kicked and threw various scrap pieces around the open space, I walked up behind him and placed a hand on his shoulder, only to have him spin and punch me as he did so, falling due to the lack of preparedness I looked up, my hand meeting my no bleeding lip, he looked down as the guilt built up on his face.

I shuffled back as Bellamy tried to reach out to me, he'd been angry before but never had he ever hit me, meaning to or not. I felt tears brim in my eyes but I refused to cry because of him. I forced myself up onto my feet and turned walking away from him, I could faintly hear his voice begging me to come back, he sounded broken. I shook my head and walked back into the crowd, he wouldn't dare talk to me in a big crowd. Jasper looked shocked when he saw the mark and my lip, but I shook my head telling him not to ask, along with the rest of the bruises I had recently, most of them wouldn't even realise it was new. I took the glass from his hands and he nodded, a silent acknowledgement of my anger.

"Drink up Assassin" one of them called and I glared. "Storm, sorry" they corrected. I nodded and soon I heard the hoard of teenagers yelling out 'chug' I laughed and when I saw Bellamy stood on the outskirts of the group I grabbed another glass, pouring it all into one.

"No! storm, don't that's too much in one go, you'll kill yourself" Jasper yelled, but I laughed.

"Good, I failed last time I tried" I spat, glaring to the man I thought I was beginning to build a friendship with, before tipping back my head and drinking the entire glass, slamming it down and smirking as another teen gave me their glass. I quickly drank that before putting both hands in the air.

"Golden girl knows how to let loose" Someone yelled and I laughed, ignoring the concerned look on Bellamy's face as I began to join in the games and festivities. A while later I felt a headache coming on, and decided to get some air, away from the noise. I walked away from the group to the wall, looking out to the forest. I could see teenagers outside too, some getting it on with others, and others just having fun in the forest. I walked out of the wall and stumbled my way into the forest, hearing many different voices calling out to each other. One voice caught my attention, I looked to the right to see Bellamy leant up to a tree, a pretty blonde dancing seductively in front of him, he bit into his lip, his eyes glistening. I bit back the shout and just stormed off, catching my foot on a root and falling into the dirt. I groaned loudly and heard many people calling out. Soon familiar arms wrapped around me and I looked up to see Bellamy looking down, concerned. I tried to push against his chest, but with all the aching from my injuries and the weakness from the alcohol. He pressed a kiss to my forehead and then walked into the camp, everyone staring at the two of us.