35: The Big Risk

Some of the events for this next part have been changed and extended for the plot... however it is only over the course of a few hours. And will all occur during the day of the final episode of season 1. On that note, I hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all set out to find Monty, Finn trying his best to track him whilst Bellamy and I followed behind, silent. I could feel Bellamy's eyes on me, but I did my best to ignore it. "We should fan out, stay in eye line though" Finn stood up and nodded at the suggestion, each of the boys taking off in opposite directions before we set forwards again. I looked to Bellamy out of the corner of my eyes and saw him facing forwards, concentrating now.

"I think I see something, keep looking, I'll be a few feet away" Finn muttered before going just out of sight. I looked over to Bellamy instantly and once again he was watching me. We walked a few feet ahead in silence before hearing rustling, both us raising weapons instantly. Then the all familiar sound echoed through our ears. Bellamy looked to me and ran towards me, picking me up and running away from the rapidly approaching fog. He looked around for anywhere to hide, before he smiled, running towards an old building.

"Clarke and I found weapons here... it'll be safe" he whispered before putting me down and opening the door. We both rushed in and sealed the door tightly. I watched as Bellamy doubled over, breathing quickly.

"You know I can run, right?" I chuckled and he nodded.

"Maybe I just wanted to hold you again" bellamy admitted, smiling up to me. I looked around while he tried to even his breathing, seeing a small window in the corner of the room, near the ceiling. The fog surrounded us now, and I looked around for any possible vents it might enter through.

"The place is airtight Lib" he explained, I nodded and turned to Bellamy.

"So... you and Clarke were here?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"I didn't do anything, not anything you're thinking of anyway, we found guns. I showed her how to shoot... and we talked about Finn" he explained, I nodded and looked around. It was dark, and there were oil drums, food and blankets everywhere. "The guns were in here" Bellamy puts his hand on top of one and I nodded. I picked up some blankets and looked around for a clean corner. "Lib?" Bellamy asked and I looked up, my eyes tearing up again.

"I need to rest Bell, and while that fog keeps us locked in here... I need to relax from what happened" he nodded and I sat down on one of the blankets, staring blankly at the floor, until I felt Bellamy sit beside me, his hands in his lap. "why?" I asked weakly. "Why did he have to do that to me, play with my feelings, make me care and then try to kill you in front of me... why did he have to put me through what I tried so hard to forget, why would that have given him any benefit?"

"because it hurt me, John hated me because I was weak, he knew how jealous I got because of you two. He saw me the night you told me... he watched as I tore the forest outside apart, I cut my hands up bad and hurt myself a lot. But I didn't care. I was so angry, john wanted to know why, and then he found out when I stupidly told everyone" Bellamy groaned, banging his head against the metal wall. "I'm so fucking stupid. He knew that was why I did what I did that night, and he knew the guilt of it was eating me up, he knew I loved you still and that I was just beginning to realise how badly I treated you, and how blind I was. He knew that killing me wouldn't be enough, that he had to watch me suffer, and how to do that was to make you watch. He knew you cared and that you would cry in front of me, he knew it would break my heart and I'd have nothing left to fight for, he would destroy me before killing me, and the best way was through you" He looked to me with tears in his eyes and I kissed his cheek, my hand reaching out to take his.